The Yeatman is a classic, luxury wine hotel offering a personalized service to all its visitors. Surrounded by extensive landscaped gardens, it is located within the historic Port wine cellar district. The Yeatman has 82 magnificent guest rooms and suites, all with their own large private terrace, providing breathtaking views across the River Douro to the historic centre of Oporto, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
The Yeatman is a haven for wine lovers, with an extensive 25,000 bottle wine cellar and an award-winning wine list under the management of Beatriz Machado, The Yeatman’s Wine Director. The award-winning gastronomic restaurant at the Yeatman, run by Chef Ricardo Costa, provides a highly imaginative cuisine using a mix of traditional Portuguese flavours prepared and presented with contemporary flair.
The Yeatman also offers a wide range of eleven events and meeting rooms for both private and corporate events and conferences. Relax in the indoor and outdoor infinity pools with panoramic views or treat yourself to a luxury treatment in the Vinothérapie® Spa by Caudalie. Adrian Bridge shared with me: “Roy, we are now holding awards for The Best Independent Hotel in Portugal, The Best Restaurant in Portugal and the Best Wine List in Portugal. This week we were given the best restaurant award from The Great Wine Capitals. We also have picked up a Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence 2012 for our wine list. We now have 72 wine partners showing the very best of what Portugal can produce – 11 of these are Port companies.”
Within the last 12 months the Yeatman has received the following awards:
- Condé Nast Traveler’s Hot List Hotels 2011
- A Michelin Star in the 2012 Michelin Guide
- “A Melhor Carta dos Vinhos” The Best Wine Menu Award in the national “Revista de Vinhos” wine magazine.
- “Melhor Empreendimento do Ano” (Revista Imobiliária). The Best Building of the Year.
- “Melhor Empreendimento Turístico” (atribuído pelo Salão Imobiliário de Lisboa). The Best Tourist Building of the Year.
- “Melhor Hotel Independente “Best Independent Hotel” – Publituris Trade Awards 2012
- The Best Wine Tourism Award of 2012 awarded by Anibal Coutinho, well known national wine writer and wine producer.
- The Yeatman is affiliated with “Relais & Châteaux”.
- Garfo de Platina 2012 – “Platinum Fork Award” – Boa Cama Boa Mesa Guide – a prestigious, national award for best restaurant – Expresso Newspaper
- Chave de Ouro “Golden Key Award for Accommodation”, Boa Cama Boa Mesa 2011 and 2012 Guides – Expresso Newspaper
- Wine Spectator – “Best of Award of Excellence 2012”
- “Top 12 Head-Turning Hotel Infinity Pools” by Condé Nast Traveler’s 2012
- Condé Nast Johansen’s “Most Excellent City Hotel”, Europe & The Mediterranean, 2013
- “Best of Wine Tourism 2013”, national prize for Best Wine Restaurant