Recent Blog Posts
It was a brilliant, sunny day when we arrived at Quinta do Mourão, just down the river and around the bend from Peso da Régua in the heart of the Douro’s Baixo Corgo. The panorama above was taken facing Northwest-ish from the main house with the Aquapura Douro Hotel on the far left and westernmost [...]
The dirty dozen, a list of items to enhance the knowledge of those looking for something to read while consuming their Port wine. The "facts" included here are quick quips that may include a few light-hearted points about Port; but are not-to-be-taken-too-seriously.
1. Simply put, Port is fermented then fortified grape juice, which always tastes better when this [...]
Roy Hersh outlines three good reasons for enjoying Reserve Ruby Port, regardless of your level of wine knowledge or discretionary income.
Quinta da Boavista does indeed have a spectacular view and now, more than ever, it has fantastic prospects for the future under the ownership of Lima Smith.
The event Cais de Fado celebrated the uniquely Portuguese Fado music with free performances by both established and newer artists, including the legendary Mariza.
Roy's account of possibly the finest and oldest lineup of Verdelho ever assembled: eighteen historic bottles spanning vintages from 1890 back to 1748, with his meticulous tasting notes. In addition, Mannie Berk contributed "Reexamining Verdelho" and notes on the provenance of each wine, and Richard Mayson has written about "The Verdelho Grape" and "The Distribution of Madeira's Vineyards Today."
Late Bottled Vintage Port is a style of Port that balances the prestige and flavour profile of Vintage Port with a much more accessible price point, making it very appealing to consumers and wine service professionals. Roy teaches you all about LBV and provides plenty of tasting notes to guide you.
- Subir a Torre dos ClérigosCynthia Jenson
- Harvest of the SunCynthia Jenson
- Life on the Douro: For The Love of PortCynthia Jenson
- Madeira WineCynthia Jenson
- Life on the Douro (Trailer 3)Cynthia Jenson
- Life on the Douro (Trailer 2)Cynthia Jenson
- Life on the Douro (Trailer 1)Cynthia Jenson
- For The Love Of Port 2010 Fortification TourAdmin
- Amália: The Greatest Fado Singer EverAdmin
- Vinho do Porto de PortugalAdmin
Visit the Full Video Gallery
Forum Guest Hosts
Click on the images below to view the FTLOP Forum conversations for each of our Guest Hosts.