New Year's Port Resolution

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Thomas V

Re: New Year's Port Resolution

Post by Thomas V »

Eric Menchen wrote:
Roy Hersh wrote:The onslaught of online offers that reach and tempt me daily have created this buying addiction with wine, that I never have found with any other hobby or product.
I set up a filter on my e-mail so all the wine buying e-mails are going into a folder, which I generally just delete every now and then, but I can still look at if I want. But they aren't showing up in my inbox now.
I must admit I laughed quite a bit over this. As Svein said, these are truly 1st world problems. [help.gif]
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

And now I'm 25 bottles up on the end of last year. Isn't it really annoying the way bottles keep forcing their way into the corners of your cellar when your back is turned. The most recent addition to the port cellar are some of Quevedo's 2014 closure experiment cases.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Svein wrote:
Some of you are obviously suffering with a luxury problem. :wink:

I am not sure if that is the case. Maybe we are just quite a bit older than you. [shok.gif]
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Svein CE

Post by Svein CE »

Roy Hersh wrote:Svein wrote:
Some of you are obviously suffering with a luxury problem. :wink:

I am not sure if that is the case. Maybe we are just quite a bit older than you. [shok.gif]
I doubt it.
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

Al B. wrote:And now I'm 25 bottles up on the end of last year. Isn't it really annoying the way bottles keep forcing their way into the corners of your cellar when your back is turned. The most recent addition to the port cellar are some of Quevedo's 2014 closure experiment cases.
Since posting this I've opened 8 bottles from my cellar and managed to get it down to being only 23 up from where I was at the end of last year. Tonight's bottle was Faustino I 1998 and was absolutely superb.
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

In celebration of Graham's declaring the 2015 Stone Terraces, I ordered 3 more bottles of 2011 Graham's Stone Terraces. D'ohh!

Not counting the last buying op I'm still down for the year, so I'm making (very slow) progress!
Glenn Elliott
Bradley Bogdan

Post by Bradley Bogdan »

Glenn E. wrote:In celebration of Graham's declaring the 2015 Stone Terraces, I ordered 3 more bottles of 2011 Graham's Stone Terraces. D'ohh!

Not counting the last buying op I'm still down for the year, so I'm making (very slow) progress!
I'm amazed there were still three out there you hadn't roped up yet Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Brad

Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Bradley Bogdan wrote:
Glenn E. wrote:In celebration of Graham's declaring the 2015 Stone Terraces, I ordered 3 more bottles of 2011 Graham's Stone Terraces. D'ohh!

I'm amazed there were still three out there you hadn't roped up yet Image
They had 5 available! I exercised restraint!!!
Glenn Elliott