Graham declares 2015 Stone Terraces

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Graham declares 2015 Stone Terraces

Post by Glenn E. »

http://blog.symington.com/grahams-decla ... s-vintage/

Yay! A follow-up to the 2011 Stone Terraces that I loved so much that I hunted it down wherever I could find it. I ended up with a case of it (it shipped in 3-packs and was heavily allocated) and still have 10 bottles. Now I'll have to hunt down 2015 the same way!
Glenn Elliott
Jasper A.

Re: Graham declares 2015 Stone Terraces

Post by Jasper A. »

Great news! Do I read it right that they only declare Stone Terraces and not a regular vintage?
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

Jasper A. wrote:Great news! Do I read it right that they only declare Stone Terraces and not a regular vintage?
I did not get that directly out of the press release/blog entry that Glenn linked, but it didn't sound favorable for a 2015 VP or Malvados SQVP.
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

Eric Menchen wrote:
Jasper A. wrote:Great news! Do I read it right that they only declare Stone Terraces and not a regular vintage?
I did not get that directly out of the press release/blog entry that Glenn linked, but it didn't sound favorable for a 2015 VP or Malvados SQVP.
Yeah, same here. This press release specifically only announces Stone Terraces.

Now you can probably read the lack of any mention of a Graham VP or Malvedos SQVP to mean that those aren't being declared, but since the release doesn't specifically say that it may or may not actually be true. (I'd expect cross-links in the article or at least a mention if there were going to be a full Graham VP or Malvedos SQVP.)
Glenn Elliott
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

I would agree that reading between the lines on that press release is probably giving us the answer regarding the regular Graham's, and I'd assume other houses from SFE as well. Sans Vesuvio, unless they got really burned by the weather.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

Andy Velebil wrote:I would agree that reading between the lines on that press release is probably giving us the answer regarding the regular Graham's, and I'd assume other houses from SFE as well. Sans Vesuvio, unless they got really burned by the weather.
Add to that the discussion in the Stone Terraces announcement about the 30-year searing heat, and the fact that Port Arthur and Cardenhos are protected from that heat, and I think "burned" is probably an apt turn of phrase. :wink:
Glenn Elliott