What Port(s) have you purchased this week?

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Svein CE

Re: What Port(s) have you purchased this week?

Post by Svein CE »

Thank you ThomasV. As this is not available to me in Norway, you could persuade Roy, who has plenty, to send a bottle or two our way.
It sounds fabulous.
Thomas V

Post by Thomas V »

Svein CE wrote:Thank you ThomasV. As this is not available to me in Norway, you could persuade Roy, who has plenty, to send a bottle or two our way.
It sounds fabulous.
If you go on vacation through Denmark some time, we could make some arrangement that I help you ordering some that you then could pick up in Aarhus. All for the love of port [friends.gif]
Svein CE

Post by Svein CE »

Thanks very much for the offer. I might take you up on that some day.
Thomas V

Post by Thomas V »

4 x Quinta do Portal 2011 VP
2 x Quinta do Portal 2007 VP

They were offered at the recent Port fair I attended at 18 USD a bottle. Yes you read that right; 18 bucks a pop.

These VPs are now my every day port for the next ½ a year. How insane that might even sound. I have no idea how they can sell them at this price and keep the wheel churning [shok.gif]. And yes Paulo Coutinho is aware. He was at the fair and I talked with him about these 2 specific VPs as they were sampling them this particular day.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Thomas V wrote:4 x Quinta do Portal 2011 VP

They were offered at the recent Port fair I attended at 18 USD a bottle. Yes you read that right; 18 bucks a pop.

These VPs are now my every day port for the next ½ a year. How insane that might even sound. I have no idea how they can sell them at this price and keep the wheel churning [shok.gif]. And yes Paulo Coutinho is aware. He was at the fair and I talked with him about these 2 specific VPs as they were sampling them this particular day.
Wow, back the truck up and fill it up at that price!
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Thomas V

Post by Thomas V »

Andy Velebil wrote:
Thomas V wrote:4 x Quinta do Portal 2011 VP

Wow, back the truck up and fill it up at that price!
It really is an insane price and perhaps I should have stocked up more. But I have other bottles I am intrigued by and it adds up even though this is cheap.

Perhaps I should mention that I also bought some of these last year at the same fair. They are drinking very well though they will not last 20+ year. The 2011 is lush and smooth while the 2007 has a more spicy character.
Scheiny S

Post by Scheiny S »

375ml Fonseca 2011 VP
375ml Taylor Fladgate 2011 VP
Thomas V

Post by Thomas V »

2 x 30YO Wiese & Krohn Tawny Port (In the old sand blown bottle)
Gerwin de Graaf

Post by Gerwin de Graaf »

A couple of weeks ago at auction (Amsterdam), I got 1 mixed lot with:
- 7x -Fonseca Guimaraens - VP 1998
- 5x - Kopke - VP 1998
- 2x - Kopke - VP 1997
- 4x - Quinta Nova de Nossa Senhora do Carmo - VP 1997
Bradley Bogdan

Post by Bradley Bogdan »

It wasn't all Port, but for about $450 after tax, it made the trip to Austin well worth it!

Particularly silly was our employee discount on the Smith Woodhouse, where the Mag was cheaper than the 750! Too bad it was the last one in the company :-(.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Brad

Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

A bottle each of 1961 and 1967 Fonseca Guimaraens. I've had both only once in my life and it's also the only time I've ever seen anyone else have a bottle of these. While not a 1963 Fonseca, they're not bad and the price wasn't too bad so worth getting. At some point I'm sure they'll be fun to put into another large vertical of Fonseca and FG.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Bert VD

Post by Bert VD »

2x vieira de sousa 2011 LBV

they also had Revolta 2010 VP for less than 30€. i didn't buy it but i'm curious.
Last edited by Bert VD on Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Svein CE

Post by Svein CE »

Kopke Late Bottled Vintage 2011
Niepoort Crusted
Monique Heinemans.

Post by Monique Heinemans. »

2011 Graham's VP
2011 Vesuvio VP

Next to the Dow's and Niepoort the only 2011 VP's I've bought, just trying to stop buying young vintages as I probably won't have the pleasure to drink them when they're mature..
Edward J

Post by Edward J »

Arrived from England today, a bottle of Kopke Colheita Porto 1957 , bottled 2017.
David Co

Post by David Co »

5x 77 smith woodhouse 367.50
4x 77 taylor 294.00
3x 92 taylor

What do you think is a good price on the 92 taylor. I think I scored an awesome deal but would like feedback from a few people before I post the prices (the 77's came from auction and I paid under a hundred per bottle for all of my lots but around 7
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

David Co wrote:5x 77 smith woodhouse 367.50 ...
What do you think is a good price on the 92 taylor. I think I scored an awesome deal but would like feedback from a few people before I post the prices (the 77's came from auction and I paid under a hundred per bottle for all of my lots but around 7
I love 1977 Smith Woodhouse. As for 1992 Taylor, I paid $127, but that was probably five years ago. Wine-searcher shows a fair bit more today, $160 in the UK, and more in the US.
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

'85 Grahams for $40 a bottle.
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
David Co

Post by David Co »

Eric Menchen wrote:
David Co wrote:5x 77 smith woodhouse 367.50 ...
I love 1977 Smith Woodhouse. As for 1992 Taylor, I paid $127, but that was probably five years ago. Wine-searcher shows a fair bit more today, $160 in the UK, and more in the US.
3 bottles 350 tax included. THought they were a steal and only wished they had more than 3 on the shelf.
They were marked at 145 per bottle which I thought was a good price (about 50 dollar below cheapest price in NYS). I asked if there was a end of bin/clearance deal and aslo indicated I had cash on hand for the purchase versus a credit card.
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Moses Botbol wrote:'85 Grahams for $40 a bottle.
Nice! Buy everything they have at that price... holy cow!
Glenn Elliott