1997 Quinta do Passadouro Vintage Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Paul Fountain

1997 Quinta do Passadouro Vintage Port

Post by Paul Fountain »

Initially decanted for 8 hrs, but this was better after an extra 24 hrs in the dcanter
Despite being 20 years old, it is still quite sweet and fruit forward with blueberry jam with a touch of cinnamon.
It does lack a level of complexity that stops it from being a a top tier port, but it is very pleasant to drink none the less.
It still feels pretty young so I'm in no hurry to drink my remaining bottles.
91 points
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: 1997 Quinta do Passadouro Vintage Port

Post by Andy Velebil »

Good to read it's still holding up nicely. And also glad you didn't call it a Niepoort....my pet peeve with these Passadouro's that everyone thinks are a Niepoort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

Andy Velebil wrote:Good to read it's still holding up nicely. And also glad you didn't call it a Niepoort....my pet peeve with these Passadouro's that everyone thinks are a Niepoort.
Niepoort has helped them out. I was wondering if Niepoort (just) bottled this one, or had anything to do with the blending.
Paul Fountain

Post by Paul Fountain »

Eric Menchen wrote:
Andy Velebil wrote:Good to read it's still holding up nicely. And also glad you didn't call it a Niepoort....my pet peeve with these Passadouro's that everyone thinks are a Niepoort.
Niepoort has helped them out. I was wondering if Niepoort (just) bottled this one, or had anything to do with the blending.
It's an interesting label, like they were using the Niepoort name to get some traction in the market. I'm sure Dirk would have had some input into the blending.