2015 Graham's The Stone Terraces Vintage Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Jasper A.

2015 Graham's The Stone Terraces Vintage Port

Post by Jasper A. »

From a cask sample
Decanted this young port for 8 hours, maybe a hour or two was better.
The port has an intense purple-red color. In addition to a little alcohol, I smell cassis and plums, very tempting. After a good sip I taste cherries, raspberries, pure chocolate with a hint of pepper. The finish is realy silky has awsome length with still young tannins and a relatively high acidity.

A classic in the making! Keep for a long time, before opening. Rated it 96/100.

I think one of the best of the 2015 vintage I tasted so far. The Quinta do Vesuvio is up there too but has a more rounder fruitier style. I think I prefer the Graham’s just a tiny bit more.
Paul C. Metman

Re: 2015 Graham's The Stone Terraces Vintage Port

Post by Paul C. Metman »

Jasper A. wrote:From a cask sample
The port has an intense purple-red color. In addition to a little alcohol, I smell cassis and plums, very tempting. After a good sip I taste cherries, raspberries, pure chocolate with a hint of pepper. The finish is realy silky has awsome length with still young tannins and a relatively high acidity.

I think one of the best of the 2015 vintage I tasted so far. The Quinta do Vesuvio is up there too but has a more rounder fruitier style. I think I prefer the Graham’s just a tiny bit more.
Hi Jasper,
Very interesting to read you note (you didn't need help, unfortunately :( ). Taking the price difference between the Stone Terraces and Vesuvio into account, the latter has definitely the better Q/P ratio.
Jasper A.

Re: 2015 Graham's The Stone Terraces Vintage Port

Post by Jasper A. »

The Cask Samples are so small :winebath:
The Stone Terrace is ment to be a more rare and special port, following the path of Noval with their Nacional.
Paul C. Metman wrote:
Jasper A. wrote:From a cask sample

Hi Jasper,
Very interesting to read you note (you didn't need help, unfortunately :( ). Taking the price difference between the Stone Terraces and Vesuvio into account, the latter has definitely the better Q/P ratio.