SUPER BOWL

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

SUPER BOWL

Post by Roy Hersh »

I would love to see someone other than the NE Patriots win for a change. Can ATL QB Ryan rally his troops past The Patriots?

Any proclamations on the final score?
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: SUPER BOWL

Post by Andy Velebil »

Now that ending was unexpected. First time ever it went to overtime. How cool is that alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

Roy Hersh wrote:I would love to see someone other than the NE Patriots win for a change.
Don't be a hater. You should be privileged to watch the best football organization ever do its thing...
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
John M.

Post by John M. »

I agree about the pedigree. Still was rooting for Falcons--be good for someone new to win. But mainly wanted a good game---this didn't seem like one. Both sides took turns dominating and the Falcons gave it away IMHO when Ryan did not throw the ball away when they were in FG range--took a sack. Next play they got yards but ended up with a holding call. Better to have had three running plays, each up clock, take a FG and sew it up.

I will say, there were 3-4 just absolutely incredible catches by wide receivers---each was just awesome.
Any Port in a storm!
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

John M. wrote:[T]he Falcons gave it away IMHO when Ryan did not throw the ball away when they were in FG range--took a sack. Next play they got yards but ended up with a holding call. Better to have had three running plays, each up clock, take a FG and sew it up.
I thought they gave it away even before that. They should have been running on the previous possession with 3rd and 1. Even if they don't get the 1st down, it uses more clock. You gotta be thinking about that clock earlier when you're playing Tom Brady. Oh, and the TD pick-6, he should have just stood on the 1-yard line until someone chased him down. In that situation you were giving more time to Tom at the end of the half.
John M.

Post by John M. »

Eric Menchen wrote:
John M. wrote:[T]he Falcons gave it away IMHO when Ryan did not throw the ball away when they were in FG range--took a sack. Next play they got yards but ended up with a holding call. Better to have had three running plays, each up clock, take a FG and sew it up.
I thought they gave it away even before that. They should have been running on the previous possession with 3rd and 1. Even if they don't get the 1st down, it uses more clock. You gotta be thinking about that clock earlier when you're playing Tom Brady. Oh, and the TD pick-6, he should have just stood on the 1-yard line until someone chased him down. In that situation you were giving more time to Tom at the end of the half.
Agree with that, too. Falcons punter did a great job, too.
Any Port in a storm!
Mike K.

Post by Mike K. »

Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

John M. wrote:
Agree with that, too. Falcons punter did a great job, too.
Great special teams for almost the whole game except for that Pats missed extra point... They should've nailed that. Can't be perfect now, can we? [dash1.gif]

Big parade tomorrow, but it's supposed to be crap weather.
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars