TN; 2006 José Maria da Fonseca Moscatel Roxo Setúbal Colecção Privada Domingos Soares Franco (Portugal, Península de Setúbal, Setúba

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

John Trombley

TN; 2006 José Maria da Fonseca Moscatel Roxo Setúbal Colecção Privada Domingos Soares Franco (Portugal, Península de Setúbal, Setúba

Post by John Trombley »

5/11/2017 rated 91 points: 2006 José Maria da Fonseca Moscatel Roxo Setúbal Colecção Privada Domingos Soares Franco (Portugal, Península de Setúbal, Setúbal) Sigil of Demeter (European Biodynamic [Rudpf Stein's followers] Organization). $21/750 mo, Schneider's Capital Hill, intensely sheeting with narrow Tudor Gothic church windows when poured from the Coravin into a Bordeaux Riedel, sensing it needed expansion room. An odd bit lively brown color reminiscent of some younger white Madeiras after fermentation arrest and several years cask age. At RT was too hot for my delicate chemo-treated mouth membranes, so I set it back in the refrigerator.

Sweet walnut syrup in nose, or cotton candy dusted with walnut essence, with lots of freshness and energy, dryish brown. kraft paper. There is armagnac or the like hanging in around the edges, and a slight tarriness reminding me of a very late harvest pre-doc Moscato d'Asti without bubbles, about as thick as warm chewing gum. No heat in the midpalae or anywhere else at this temperature. The odd thing about both these wines is that the grapy vivid fruitiness of Muscatel has started to be subsumed after 5 years, though it's not entirely gone.

Finish long and gentle. This truly needs some settling down so soon after being Amexed from DC. Will be following up with this. 91pp/100. Drink now through 2022. The slight clumsiness and lack of integration make it obvious that 3 or 4 mlre years is going to do nothing but good (Drink2019-2020.2]

Already I can see an excellent value.jht