Paris again

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Bert VD

Paris again

Post by Bert VD »

I'm in Paris again for 10 days. and later next month again for 4 days.

Sadly i won't be around for the Portuguese wine fair in the beginning of june. (Montreal!) And Paris hasn't revealed many port secrets to me yet. There is Portologia but in my opinion it's a bit too much about the odd glass of port when it's on my path. Their prices on vintage ports (bottles) are quite high i think.

In another shop i did see a 2011 Niepoort Bioma for 69€ though. I wonder if i should go get it 8--)
Eric Menchen

Re: Paris again

Post by Eric Menchen »

I love Port the most, but when in Paris, I'd stick with the French stuff. Enjoy.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

You're in the country that, at one point at least, was the leading consumer of the cheapest Port made. From reports from other Port lovers, good Ports are hard to find and expensive in France. I do hope you find some at a decent price...if not, take Eric's advise and stick to the French wines.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Bert VD

Post by Bert VD »

oh i am enjoying the french wines, don't worry. but this is a port forum and last year i had a nice time visiting the portuguese wine fair here [cheers.gif]

still thinking about getting that bottle of bioma though. but i can't really find reference prices to tell me if it's a good buy or not.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Bert VD wrote:oh i am enjoying the french wines, don't worry. but this is a port forum and last year i had a nice time visiting the portuguese wine fair here [cheers.gif]

still thinking about getting that bottle of bioma though. but i can't really find reference prices to tell me if it's a good buy or not.
I think for France it's a good price, but that's just a guess.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com