PORTO (2017) Movie by Gabe Klinger

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Christian Gollnick

PORTO (2017) Movie by Gabe Klinger

Post by Christian Gollnick »

Haven't seen the movie yet - but saw the trailer and think that might be a very interesting movie...
It seems to capture very well the mood of Porto... what better location for a love-story than a rainy Porto...?!?!

Maybe this movie is a good opportunity for those forum-members that hide the truth about their wine-cellar-size and monthly Port-budget from their better halves to get their partners interested in visiting Porto together...

Lucie Lucas - and in the background the houses of Ramos Pinto and Sandeman - what could be more beautiful?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Il66_JTm84
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: PORTO (2017) Movie by Gabe Klinger

Post by Andy Velebil »

It's a love story? Wasn't really sure what it's about with that trailer that doesn't exactly get me excited to see the movie. And given that Anton died just over a year ago, I wonder when this was filmed and why the very late release after his tragic death.

I did find this story line on the internet....
Jake (Yelchin) and Mati (Lucas) are two outsiders in the northerly Portuguese city of Porto who once experienced a brief connection. A mystery remains about the moments they shared, and in searching through memories, they relive the depths of a night uninhibited by the consequences of time.
A little more internet checking and this was his last leading role in a movie before his death. It was originally planned to be about and filmed in Greece until financing fell out and they had to move to Porto.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Christian Gollnick

Post by Christian Gollnick »

Hi Andy: Yup - it definitely is a love story... and I wouldn't think about watching it if it would have been filmed at any other location than Porto... It's a movie that women might understand better than we guys... However: it's filmed in Porto. I would watch a movie about irregular Latin verbs or 5-dimensional mathematics as long as it's filmed in Porto... :D Whatever helps me to deal with my saudade that I feel due to the fact that I have to wait until September for my next Porto-Trip...

[cheers.gif]
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Right. These two summer months are killing my buzz while I also have to wait for spending 3 more weeks in PT during the upcoming harvest.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com