TN: 1957 Ficklin Port

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Eric Menchen

TN: 1957 Ficklin Port

Post by Eric Menchen »

Tasted blind, but known to be a bottle brought by Eric Ifune. Does not taste like anything else we’ve had today (generally older colheitas from ‘7 years). It smells more like a 60+ year old Scholtz Hermanos Málaga Lagrimae Christi. This has a stewed character, with umami flavor. A fun drink, but not as good as the colheitas. This is a blend made from grapes 1948-1957. (21 Jul 17)
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Re: TN: 1957 Ficklin Port

Post by Roy Hersh »

Nice wine, but no cigar. [d_training.gif]
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
John Trombley

Post by John Trombley »

Speaking of cigars, I found 2 handmade medium-size ones in a humidifier pack in the LeCache, that must be 10 years on kept at 70 percent humidity. Yours for the asking if I can get them to you, Roy or whomever speaks up first. Think they're Jamaican.
Eric Ifune

Post by Eric Ifune »

This was not a vintage styled wine. It was more a crusted style bottled in 1957. A blend of vintages from the late 40's up to 1957. Nice, but as Roy said. I think you nailed it with a Malaga. Kinda out of place.
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

Eric Ifune wrote:This was not a vintage styled wine. It was more a crusted style bottled in 1957. A blend of vintages from the late 40's up to 1957. Nice, but as Roy said. I think you nailed it with a Malaga. Kinda out of place.
It was still fun. Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup: