Subscription Renewal

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Gary Banker
Location: Shirley, Massachusetts, United States of America - USA

Subscription Renewal

Post by Gary Banker »

Auromatic renewal via PayPal has not worked this year. There have been 3 refusals and neither PayPal nor my bank can solve the problem. Has my subscription expired?
Peter W. Meek

Re: Subscription Renewal

Post by Peter W. Meek »

My subscription auto-renew via PayPal just succeeded this morning.

So, the problem does not seem to be between FTLOP and PayPal. Have you any other auto-pays that are either working or not working? Have you made a successful payment that was not an auto-pay recently?

I can't recall whether it was here or someplace else, but I once had to cancel an auto-pay and set it up again to fix some problem. (Sorry to be so vague.)
--Pete
(Sesquipedalian Man)
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Subscription Renewal

Post by Andy Velebil »

Gary
I've notified Dave and Stewart of your issue. I'm sure they'll be in touch soon to help resolve the issue.

Thanks for your patience.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Gary,

I will leave this to Stewart, as he is the technical guy, but I did notice your subscription status as "expired". If you did not obtain access to the current newsletter, please drop me an email and I will send you a copy immediately. I know you know how to reach me. Typically the issue with Paypal is that a CC tied to them from a client: has either expired, or the new expiration date has not been updated with Paypal. That handles 99% of the issues.

I hope we can make this easy for you, but sometimes we don't have any input with Paypal and it can get complicated.

Roy
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Stewart T.

Post by Stewart T. »

Hi Gary -

I did a little investigating on the setup on our side of things, and we do have subscribers successfully paying via paypal and their status being appropriately updated in our database. So I think that Peter and Roy may be on the right trail, and that there is something that needs to be updated or corrected with your PayPal Account.

I will drop you an email with some thoughts on things to check.

Stewart
Stewart T. (Admin) [email protected]
Gary Banker
Location: Shirley, Massachusetts, United States of America - USA

Post by Gary Banker »

Thanks for everyone's input. I've discussed it with Stewart. This appears to be a problem between my bank and PayPal. I'll just renew with a credit card. I rarely use PayPal, so it will not be an inconvenience.
Andy Velebil

Subscription Renewal

Post by Andy Velebil »

Gary Banker wrote:Thanks for everyone's input. I've discussed it with Stewart. This appears to be a problem between my bank and PayPal. I'll just renew with a credit card. I rarely use PayPal, so it will not be an inconvenience.
Glad all was worked out!!
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Tom D.

Post by Tom D. »

I apparently just had this same problem with PayPal. Could you please cancel my auto-subscription from your end, and I'll go in and set it up fresh to see if that helps?
Tom D.
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Tom D. wrote:I apparently just had this same problem with PayPal. Could you please cancel my auto-subscription from your end, and I'll go in and set it up fresh to see if that helps?
Tom,
Sorry just saw this.

I'll let Dave and Stewart know. But IIRC, this is generally a paypal issue, not an FTLOP issue. It has to do with the credit card associated with your paypal account. See Roy's reply to Gary above.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Tom,

I am on the other coast at the moment, however, we are NOT able to touch your account with Paypal because they will ONLY deal directly with the person associated with the credit card for a specific account. But you can TRY to set up a new account if you have a different CC to use (not sure that would even work though), and then just ignore any automatic emails sent by Paypal on the old account. In time, the account will automatically self cancel, so you won't be bothered for more than two weeks, or so.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Stewart T.

Post by Stewart T. »

Hi Tom,

In the interim, I have expired your subscription so that you can go back in and try to resubscribe.

Everyone is certainly welcome to post problems, issues or discussions here about your experiences on the website, but if you have specific subscription or administrative issues or problems, we have a helpdesk system that will probably facilitate a more speedy resolution. It has built in notification for admins and a ticket tracking system to ensure that we respond and resolve issues in a timely manner.

Thanks!

http://www.fortheloveofport.com/helpdesk/

The helpdesk link is also on the top right of the ftlop home page.
Shane Runyon

Post by Shane Runyon »

A few months ago I asked to cancel my subscription. Today, I received an email saying my subscription was re-upped. What happened here and who can I send a message to that can actually help me to cancel my subscription. Not an issue with the website which I love, just a money issue. Who can I contact about this and how do I contact because the helpdesk does not seem to be very helpful on this manner.
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Shane Runyon wrote:A few months ago I asked to cancel my subscription. Today, I received an email saying my subscription was re-upped. What happened here and who can I send a message to that can actually help me to cancel my subscription. Not an issue with the website which I love, just a money issue. Who can I contact about this and how do I contact because the helpdesk does not seem to be very helpful on this manner.
Shane,
I've forwarded this to our IT guys to look into and see what happened. Give them a bit to look into it and respond. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Shane Runyon

Post by Shane Runyon »

Thanks so much to the quick attention to this issue...
Stewart T.

Post by Stewart T. »

Apologies Shane. I've responded to your helpdesk ticket. Happy to help get this resolved for you.