Can't get July Newsletter

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Tom D.

Can't get July Newsletter

Post by Tom D. »

I click the link on the Home page, then I'm taken to some sort of weird download page that shows no documents available for 2013.
Tom D.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Re: Can't get July Newsletter

Post by Roy Hersh »

I just tried and things worked just fine. My suggestion is to please try to log out and then log back in. I have a feeling that will be the game changer. Let us know please Tom.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Tom D.

Post by Tom D. »

Tried logging out and back in, no luck. Tried deleting cookie and logging in, no luck. No idea what's going on, I gather no one else is having the same problem? I'll keep playing around and let you know what happens [shrug.gif]
Tom D.
Steve Pollack

Post by Steve Pollack »

I was able to download with no issues. Tom, this is just a wild guess, but has your subscription lapsed?
Tom D.

Post by Tom D. »

Good question, I don't think it's lapsed, but I don't know. I don't have any trouble accessing the TN database.
Tom D.
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

The TNDB is open to all, it's only Roy's TNs within the DB that are restricted to subscribers. Can you see Roy's TNs?

(Not being able to see Roy's TNs is what usually prompts me to re-subscribe... otherwise it can be hard to tell whether or not your subscription has expired.)
Glenn Elliott
Tom D.

Post by Tom D. »

Glenn E. wrote:The TNDB is open to all, it's only Roy's TNs within the DB that are restricted to subscribers. Can you see Roy's TNs?
Yes. I'm pretty sure I re-upped not too long ago, but if an administrator sees this, perhaps you could please verify when I last renewed? Thanks!
Tom D.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Tom, I am just seeing this and will go check and report back here. You are not the only one who has had an issue with the newsletter download. One other person (from FTLOP staff) has mentioned having similar difficulty. We are looking into this. In case you still have not seen the newsletter, I will just email you a copy directly in a few minutes.

Thanks!

Roy
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Two points for Steve Pollack. [friends.gif]

Tom,

Newsletter and email sent to you.

Thanks!

Roy
Tom D.

Post by Tom D. »

Yup, expired last week. I had removed all my interenet auto-renewals awhile ago, prefering to rely on my memory to keep my various subscriptions current. Should have known that wouldn't work out.

Anyway, I'm all renewed and back in good standing. Thanks guys!
Tom D.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Tom D. wrote:Yup, expired last week. I had removed all my interenet auto-renewals awhile ago, prefering to rely on my memory to keep my various subscriptions current. Should have known that wouldn't work out.
Drinking more Port will help you remember :scholar:
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Tom D.

Post by Tom D. »

Andy Velebil wrote:
Tom D. wrote:Yup, expired last week. I had removed all my interenet auto-renewals awhile ago, prefering to rely on my memory to keep my various subscriptions current. Should have known that wouldn't work out.
Drinking more Port will help you remember :scholar:
Now THAT is a remedy I can embrace!
Tom D.