How to work PM

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Gary Banker
Location: Shirley, Massachusetts, United States of America - USA

How to work PM

Post by Gary Banker »

How do I send or save a PM?
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: How to work PM

Post by Andy Velebil »

Type in the users name exactly as it appears in their profile (or post). You can also search using the search function called "Find a Member". Then when you type in or find their name, click the "ADD" button. You can add as many people as you'd like. It's a bit labor intensive to do compared regular email.

Then type subject and body. hit Send. It will stay in your "Outbox" until the receivers opens it and read it. So it may look like you didn't send it until they open it and read it. It's a weird system but all forums that use this base operate the same way.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Gary Banker
Location: Shirley, Massachusetts, United States of America - USA

Post by Gary Banker »

Thanks. I have it now. This is like going backward to using a text editor and PINES.
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

My initial PMs to someone usually include:
Fell free to send me e-mail at <e-mail address>, since this will be better.
Peter W. Meek

Post by Peter W. Meek »

Eric Menchen wrote:My initial PMs to someone usually include:
Not only that, I frequently cut'n'paste PMs into an email that I send to myself. My email archives go back into the 1990s. I never delete anything but spam. I did lose all my older emails with a series of multiple total crashes that wiped out my backups at the same time as my primary. Otherwise I would have archives dating back to the 1970s. (Not email in the modern sense, but messages sent by transferring text files via computer networks.)
--Pete
(Sesquipedalian Man)
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Peter W. Meek wrote:
Eric Menchen wrote:My initial PMs to someone usually include:
Not only that, I frequently cut'n'paste PMs into an email that I send to myself. My email archives go back into the 1990s. I never delete anything but spam. I did lose all my older emails with a series of multiple total crashes that wiped out my backups at the same time as my primary. Otherwise I would have archives dating back to the 1970s. (Not email in the modern sense, but messages sent by transferring text files via computer networks.)
I have learned not to keep such emails for so long. A friend involved in a lawsuit (I was not involved in any way) taught me that.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com