I'm STILL human!

This forum is for providing feedback on the Website.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

John Trombley

I'm STILL human!

Post by John Trombley »

Roy,

what's with the repeated arithmetic quizzes? It takes me two of them often to get where I'm going! Could you find anything more annoying? Why is this necessary?
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: I'm STILL human!

Post by Andy Velebil »

John Trombley wrote:Roy,

what's with the repeated arithmetic quizzes? It takes me two of them often to get where I'm going! Could you find anything more annoying? Why is this necessary?
Huh?
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Sounds like a Wordpress login issue?
Glenn Elliott
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

I now know what you are referring to as I just experienced it myself. I'll bring this up with our IT techs.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
John Trombley

Post by John Trombley »

It took me three logins to get to the point where I could post this. It took two logins to get to the Madeira TN section. This is getting crazy. It reduces the value of my subscription to me by 50 percent!

So it's not just the arithmetic, it's the duplicate, triple or double logins.
Michael T

Post by Michael T »

Do you use Tapatalk? It logs me in instantly, no password required once it is set up.
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

John Trombley wrote:It took me three logins to get to the point where I could post this. It took two logins to get to the Madeira TN section. This is getting crazy. It reduces the value of my subscription to me by 50 percent!

So it's not just the arithmetic, it's the duplicate, triple or double logins.
This really sounds like a system issue on your end (likely security settings), but we'll keep looking into it.

How tight is the internet security setting on your browser? Do you have cookies enabled? Does your browser store passwords for you, or do you use something like LastPass?

And most importantly... have you logged a ticket yet through FTLOP?
Glenn Elliott
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

Hmmm, when was the last time I logged in? I have no idea. It has probably been at least a month. I don't have my browser store passwords, but it does store cookies from the originating site.
John Trombley

Post by John Trombley »

My settings are middle of the road, cookies are enabled, and I'm doing nothing weird that I know of. However, I did get a new laptop 8 months ago.
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

I've only experienced it once. I suspect your computer is clearing all your catches and security settings/certificates each time you close your browser or computer. Thus, in effect, the system thinks you are a totally new computer coming to the website for the first time. And thus it's checking to make sure you aren't a spammer/Bot. I would suggest checking your computer settings to see if that is what is causing it.

As a side, I am on a lap top (Windows 7) at home, an iMac (OS X Yosemite) at home as well, Windows 8 at work, and TapaTalk on my iPhone 5 without any issues. So I use a wide variety of different computers and programs with only 1 time having to get past the math problem (which is designed to keep Bots, Spammers, and the like out).
Matt K

Post by Matt K »

I've had this any number of times as well and my cache is not being cleared. I'm signed into, and stay signed into many sites.

The most frustrating part for me is that is that I use 1password and the 'do the math' thing totally screws it up every time.
mmmMadeira
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Can you let me know what operating systems / browsers you're using? The more info we have hopefully can help us solve it faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

John Trombley wrote:My settings are middle of the road, cookies are enabled, and I'm doing nothing weird that I know of. However, I did get a new laptop 8 months ago.
I'm using a new computer too. Brand new SSD with a fresh install of Windows 8.1, pretty much default settings on everything. I've yet to be asked to prove I'm human, though I did look earlier this afternoon and I'm not signed into the main page, just the forums.

Given your troubles I'm hesitant to try signing into the main page! :lol:
Glenn Elliott
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

I always sign into the main page then go to the forum once signed in. Only experienced it once so far, for reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matt K

Post by Matt K »

Windows 8.1 Enterprise
Firefox 38.0.5

I suspect it is all about the forum's login verification requirements rather than our systems.
mmmMadeira
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Our IT guys have been alerted, so give them some time to work it out please. I or they will report back. Thanks.
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

Matt K wrote:Windows 8.1 Enterprise
Firefox 38.0.5

I suspect it is all about the forum's login verification requirements rather than our systems.
Matt, if that were true wouldn't it be happening to everyone? I've yet to see the captcha since the first time I logged in using this new computer.
Glenn Elliott
John Trombley

Post by John Trombley »

Sure, Andy. I've always been impressed with your service!
Stewart T.

Post by Stewart T. »

I've been researching this, and unfortunately, I can't seem to find a root cause on our side for why you continue to get the math equations, John.

I'll keep searching around, but I agree with one of the comments above that it likely has to do with some settings on your computer not working correctly with the captcha.

We have, in the past, had serious issues with spam registrations, which is why we instituted captcha in the first place. We have had almost no spam registrations since doing so. That being said, I really understand that this is a pain if it asks you for the math equation every time you log in.

Would you mind submitting a helpdesk ticket with a detailed list of the steps that you are taking to log in, etc. and where the math equation pops up?

We will see if we can try to isolation the root cause of this for you.

Stewart
Stewart T. (Admin) [email protected]
Matt K

Post by Matt K »

Good point Glenn.

I tried a few things and it happens regardless of whether I try to log into the forums or FTLOP home and whether I use FF, Chrome or IE.
mmmMadeira