The next great subscriber's buying opPORTunity.

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

The next great subscriber's buying opPORTunity.

Post by Roy Hersh »

FTLOP Issue #89 is already in the process of being written and will be launched either towards the end of June or early July, (at the latest).

This issue will include a Subscriber's Only deal on several Vintage Ports, all are ex-cellars bottles with 2-3 decades of bottle age and prices that are equal or below current release LBVs. Literally, they will sell for 1/3 what newly released VP is selling for, yet these are already perfectly sound to drink now and they're still on the upswing if you prefer to cellar them for years to come. :scholar:

These will only be sold by the case, but when you consider what you are getting for the price ... cellar defenders and gifting bottles just got a whole bunch easier and more affordable. Plus this is really very good juice. I've tried all of these from several bottles and am now 100% convinced this might be the best value deal that I have ever negotiated. I started this in February of this year and it will finally come to fruition. From a producer that I trust and respect; I look forward to sharing this with you all. These Ports are now in the USA in a cold temperature controled cellar and will be sold directly by the owner of the wine, so no markups by importers, distributors or retailers.
:NotWorthy:

SAVE SOME MONEY as this will be a stunning buy, as I am going to do my best to negotiate free shipping for multiple case purchases and even a discount for those buying in volume. I will be meeting with the owner in four days, as I land in Porto on Thursday. By Friday, we may have this all wrapped up! :thumbsup:

(As always, my disclaimer of no personal financial involvement applies here too.)
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Thomas V

Re: The next great subscriber's buying opPORTunity.

Post by Thomas V »

Crosses fingers for shipping to the EU [beg.gif] [yahoo.gif]

Looking forward to issue #89, keep up the awesome work Roy and have a great stay in Oporto. The weather is really nice Europe these days 25 degrees Celsius in Denmark today.
Bradley Bogdan

Post by Bradley Bogdan »

Very excited, as usual. The offers have never disappointed in the handful of years I've subscribed, the only issue would be how much space do I have left after the last couple, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkz. U
-Brad

Eric Ifune

Post by Eric Ifune »

Anything else other than Port?
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

It poured in Porto and the Douro almost the entirety of the weekend. But thanks for the kind thoughts, Thomas.

Eric, this is going to be 100% Vintage Port, at seemingly ridiculous pricing.

I have not figured out any way to get these from the USA to the EU, unfortunately. If anyone has brilliant cost effective ways to do that, I am all ears, but would prefer this by email. [d_training.gif]
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Marco D.
Location: Milford, Connecticut, United States of America - USA

Post by Marco D. »

Roy Hersh wrote:FTLOP Issue #89 is already in the process of being written and will be launched either towards the end of June or early July, (at the latest).
Did I miss this... or is the offer delayed? Just wondering...
Marco DeFreitas Connecticut, USA
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

Marco D. wrote:
Roy Hersh wrote:FTLOP Issue #89 is already in the process of being written and will be launched either towards the end of June or early July, (at the latest).
Did I miss this... or is the offer delayed? Just wondering...
I don't see #89 offered in http://www.fortheloveofport.com/newsletter-downloads/
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

It's not out yet.
Glenn Elliott
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Slight delay.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Paul C. Metman

Post by Paul C. Metman »

Andy Velebil wrote:Slight delay.
Forgive me for saying, but I wouldn't call the delay "slight" any more :( !
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your concern.

I will not release the current newsletter without the inclusion of a Buyer's Opportunity. Since late June, the individual that I have been working with, (importer) has gone from the USA back to PT for a critical surgery; so he could convalesce surrounded by family. We have remained in touch, even while he is in PT. That being said, he is coming back here at the mid-point of next week. As soon as he can check exact inventory levels of his Vintage Ports on hand, I can then put the final deal to print and release the newsletter. It will be in everyone's hands before the end of this month. It is a massive newsletter with multiple authors and dozens of tastings notes included. You won't be disappointed as it is filled solely with Port and Douro wine content from 5 individuals including their works.

I am sorry for this delay and I should have mentioned this long ago!
Paul C. Metman

Post by Paul C. Metman »

Roy Hersh wrote:Hi Paul,

Thanks for your concern.

I will not release the current newsletter without the inclusion of a Buyer's Opportunity. Since late June, the individual that I have been working with, (importer) has gone from the USA back to PT for a critical surgery; so he could convalesce surrounded by family. We have remained in touch, even while he is in PT. That being said, he is coming back here at the mid-point of next week. As soon as he can check exact inventory levels of his Vintage Ports on hand, I can then put the final deal to print and release the newsletter. It will be in everyone's hands before the end of this month. It is a massive newsletter with multiple authors and dozens of tastings notes included. You won't be disappointed as it is filled solely with Port and Douro wine content from 5 individuals including their works.

I am sorry for this delay and I should have mentioned this long ago!
Hi Roy,

Thank you very much for your clear answer. Please don't forget, that my concern was just the result of the fact, that I'm always looking forward to the next newsletter and never get enough of them :D .
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

You were right to ask, I should have been more proactive and followed up here sooner.

Reasons / excuses don't matter. [cheers.gif]
John Danza
Location: Naperville, Illinois, United States of America - USA

Post by John Danza »

Roy Hersh wrote:You were right to ask, I should have been more proactive and followed up here sooner.

Reasons / excuses don't matter. [cheers.gif]
Roy, don't sweat it. It sounds like a great offer, so when it comes, it comes. Frankly, shipping in cooler weather will be welcomed.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

It went out last night.

If any of you decide to talk about the offer, here ... I would appreciate there being no mention of producer or prices!
Bradley Bogdan

Post by Bradley Bogdan »

SPOILER ALERT: It's Port, sounds delicious, and is very reasonably priced. I'm definitely in for a couple cases. Leave it to this bunch to always destroy whatever purchasing moratorium I have going to try and claw back some free cellar space. :-P

-Brad

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

When Andy and I, and even Glenn welcome people to FTLOP, we always "warn" about the slippery slope, and now you have a far greater understanding of exactly what that means. :scholar:
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Yeah, yeah, Brad. Just wait until you start buying wine fridges! Then it becomes an infinite loop!

:-)
Glenn Elliott
Bradley Bogdan

Post by Bradley Bogdan »

Glenn E. wrote:Yeah, yeah, Brad. Just wait until you start buying wine fridges! Then it becomes an infinite loop!

:-)
I only was up to 5 in Humboldt before I moved...

-Brad

Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

You need 8 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com