The next great subscriber's buying opPORTunity.

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Re: The next great subscriber's buying opPORTunity.

Post by Glenn E. »

Glenn E. wrote:No, the overnight is in Portland, so I should be okay. :-)
Mine has arrived safe and sound! Woo!

It did encounter an "emergency or weather related situation" in Portland that made the shipping take an extra day, but since there wasn't any weather in Portland I assume they were just late and that's UPS's generic response.
Glenn Elliott
Douro Vino

Post by Douro Vino »

Moses Botbol wrote:If someone wants to buy my order off me; please PM. Not happy at all the way this offer was promoted or executed.
Moses,

This special offer was created in order to give FTLOP subscribers a unique opportunity to enjoy these wonderful wines, while getting a great deal at the same time. It is unfortunate to hear that you are not happy the way this offer was promoted or executed, as we have gone out of our way to both explain why there was an unexpected delay, and to ship them at everyone's convenience now that they are here.

All buyers were notified at the same time that there was a delay and you did not request a refund at the time - only now in June, once the wines were shipping. We would have had nothing to gain by intentionally delaying this order - it is, in fact, costing us more to hold the wines in our warehouse for the buyers who have chosen to do so, but our priority is to make sure these passionate wine lovers enjoy our fine wines, even if it has taken longer than we would have liked.

Ayesha
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

Douro Vino wrote:
Moses Botbol wrote:If someone wants to buy my order off me; please PM. Not happy at all the way this offer was promoted or executed.
Moses,

This special offer was created in order to give FTLOP subscribers a unique opportunity to enjoy these wonderful wines, while getting a great deal at the same time. It is unfortunate to hear that you are not happy the way this offer was promoted or executed, as we have gone out of our way to both explain why there was an unexpected delay, and to ship them at everyone's convenience now that they are here.
I have asked for the wines to be shipped since January when I bought wines that were supposed to be onsite at time of purchase. I was never offered an opportunity to cancel my order when there was an "unexpected delay". If my wines were onsite as you said they were, why weren't shipped between January and April? That is the only time I would've ever done a shipping deal when wines have to travel across the country by ground. Waiting 8 months for a case of wine is something I would've never signed up for, nor is the "savings" worth the cost of 2 day air that you are not willing to chip in for due to your "unexpected delay".
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Moses Botbol wrote:
Douro Vino wrote:
Moses,

I have asked for the wines to be shipped since January when I bought wines that were supposed to be onsite at time of purchase. I was never offered an opportunity to cancel my order when there was an "unexpected delay". If my wines were onsite as you said they were, why weren't shipped between January and April? That is the only time I would've ever done a shipping deal when wines have to travel across the country by ground. Waiting 8 months for a case of wine is something I would've never signed up for, nor is the "savings" worth the cost of 2 day air that you are not willing to chip in for due to your "unexpected delay".
Moses,
I luv ya like a brother but lets be realistic. You would have stashed most of these in the cellar and not touched them until later this year, at best, anyways. So while not optimal, and appears there was some miscommunication between Roy and Dour'o Vino in the newsletter, not to mention the lovely (being sarcastic) Customs folks, things got delayed. It sucks, yes. But it's not the end of the world. Think of it this way, someone is storing your stuff for you for free until later this year. A little more age will just make them better :)
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Hi Moses,

I am sorry things did not work out perfectly. As you know I have been in Portugal, all but a week, since the beginning of May. So I have only occasionally checked in here. Yes, there clearly was a disconnect between my belief that all wines were in stock and available at the time of the release of my original email. I take responsibility for that and have admitted to that earlier on in this thread. Having re-read this entire debacle, and trying to remain neutral in my reading, I will try to find a solution that will make you happy. Once I have found something equitable, I will post it here for all to see.

I received your email a day or so ago. But after all that you have written here, with misleading info (mentioning 10 months) and a post which seems to have now disappeared, calling this offer a scam (and worse) alluding to this being like a Premier Cru offer, calling mine and Ayesha's reputations into question and accusations that were either false or mean-spirited ... I will guarantee to make you whole and get your money refunded as you requested, here and by email even if I have to pay it out of my own pocket as soon as I return next week.

I will post within 48 hours how you will be completely refunded by either D'Ouro Vino or me personally, as per your request.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Moses and I have had several direct PMs today and we have rectified the situation to his advantage. I believe he is now a very happy camper compared to 24 hours ago.

Now back to work. 3.5 more days of tasting. :winebath:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
cliburn
Location: Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States of America - USA

Post by cliburn »

Happy to say (after labeling delays and shipping window issues) my wine from Ayesha has finally arrived!
Thanks Roy for setting this up. Anxious to try them.
Maurice Fitzhugh

Post by Maurice Fitzhugh »

My shipment got in a few weeks ago and IMO it was well worth the wait. Thank you for setting this up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Michael R

Post by Michael R »

I still did not get mine and we seem to be out of the fall shipping window (I live in Illinois.)
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Michael,

I have emailed Ayesha, as I have just seen this now. I believe all wines have been shipped at this point, as behind the scenes I have been staying on top of this issue.

Now why am I doing these buying ops again? [dash1.gif] [dash1.gif] [dash1.gif] [dash1.gif] [dash1.gif] [dash1.gif] [dash1.gif]

Thanks to those who have been patient, grateful and happy when their wines have finally arrived.

There will be another buying op during 1st quarter 2018. Already started the process last month. Four distinct categories will be included.

I will alleviate the ambiguities which were responsible for the current buying op to cause such stress for some buyers and make the offer clearer in the newsletter. My failure to do so, is far more to blame than Ayesha's role in all this. I truly believed all wines were in stock. My bad! Anyway, this won't ever happen again. :scholar:
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Michael R.,
I thought you were just a Madeira guy. [shok.gif]
I hope you've recovered since our last tasting!
Your order had already been sent out prior to my email to Ayesha. You should have it this coming week, if not ... please email me directly and I will intercede.

I was also told that Jasper and Mark Lee will be picking up directly.

All others, I am expecting a response by tonight.

Roy
Michael R

Post by Michael R »

I think you classified me correctly, but the offer was too good to pass.
Everything arrived this week - thanks!
Michael R

Post by Michael R »

I think you classified me correctly, but the offer was too good to pass.
Everything arrived this week - thanks!
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Nearly a year later. Lesson learned.

Thanks for letting me know and for your patience as well.

I believe we have now fixed all that have spoken up about unresolved issues.