WARNING - Portuguese guy selling FAKE rare ports

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Henrik Lilja

WARNING - Portuguese guy selling FAKE rare ports

Post by Henrik Lilja »

I have been cheated by a portuguise guy named Vitor Teixeira.
He sold me a fake NIEPOORT BLUE RIBBON. He did admit and accepted, that it was a fake bottle. I paid/transfered 625 euro. We agreed that I could return the bottle and get my money back (refund). Did ship the bottle back. But many month has gone now - and still NO refund. He do not communicate with me anymore. He is a fraud. He cheats people. Very bad business-morale. Watch out - he has more than one fake BLUE RIBBON - and I believe he has other fake socalled rare port bottles.
Please make og communicate WARNING in your network - DO NOT - do business with this guy.
If needed - I can post a picture of the guy.
This is his facebook-profile: https://www.facebook.com/vitor.teixeira ... ts&fref=ts
Best regards
Henrik Lilja
The Danish Port Wine Club est. 1981
Vicepresident
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: WARNING - portuguise guy selling fake rare ports

Post by Andy Velebil »

Henrik
Sorry to hear about this. There are a LOT of fakes coming out of Portugal right now and I would advise everyone to be very cautious about buying older Ports. Please do post a picture of him and any details you may have. The more people know who is selling fakes the better of we are so we can avoid them.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Henrik Lilja

Post by Henrik Lilja »

At facebook his alias is Vitor Teixeira. But that is obviuos an fake alias - his real name should be Antonio. He should have been reported to the portuguise police. IVDP know who he is. He uses the following email: [email protected]
If you search by that email at facebook, you come to a profile with the name Luis Dias. No info at that profile.

When I returned the fake bottle, I shipped the bottle to a:
Vitor Ribeiro Teixeira
Rua Agra da seara 51
4445-009 Alfena
Portugal

But I think this is a "Cover-Address"!
Attachments
Picture of Vitor Teixeira from Facebook
Picture of Vitor Teixeira from Facebook
IMG_3311.PNG (2.5 MiB) Viewed 1559 times
Best regards
Henrik Lilja
The Danish Port Wine Club est. 1981
Vicepresident
Eric Ifune

Post by Eric Ifune »

Have seen fake Madeira as well on the market, again seemingly from within Portugal.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Henrik,

I am really sorry to hear this and we will keep this atop the marketplace to insure that others get to see this too!

How did he first contact you?
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Al B.

Re: WARNING - Portuguese guy selling FAKE rare ports

Post by Al B. »

Henrik

Have you reported this to the police either in Portugal or in Denmark?
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

I sent him a private message today:
"It has come to my attention from numerous sources that I know and trust, that you are scamming people and selling fraudulent bottles of Port. I want you to know that I have alerted the President of the IVDP and also police authorities in Porto. Expect there to be follow up and legal actions by these authorities that have already begun to look into your dealings and fraudulent selling of "rare Ports" that you have been representing. Good luck from here!"
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Roy Hersh wrote:I sent him a private message today:
"It has come to my attention from numerous sources that I know and trust, that you are scamming people and selling fraudulent bottles of Port. I want you to know that I have alerted the President of the IVDP and also police authorities in Porto. Expect there to be follow up and legal actions by these authorities that have already begun to look into your dealings and fraudulent selling of "rare Ports" that you have been representing. Good luck from here!"
Not the best of ideas. Tipping the suspect(s) off assures you won't be able to capture him and look into the background to see who may be helping him or where he may be getting them from. Just saying.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

What's done is done. I am sure that this will put a crimp in his style and likely scare him enough to stop taking advantage of others. That was the real point. The likelihood of any investigation is minimal at best.