For FTLOP'ers throughout EUROPE

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

For FTLOP'ers throughout EUROPE

Post by Roy Hersh »

Okay, I am very pleased to announce that the final negotiations have been successful and over 20 European countries will now be entitled to participate in this one-off buyer's op for subscribers of the FTLOP newsletter across Europe.

I will email details at the end of this coming week. Great prices, phenomenal Ports and this will be the last time ANYONE sees prices like this ever again on these specific Ports! :scholar:

For those in European countries that have emailed or commented here in the Forum, asking me to please find a way to make this happen in Europe too, while the table wine part of the deal was impossible; the Port side is a definite now! se [dance2.gif]

Please make sure your subscription is current and you'll be all set. For those not yet subscribers to the newsletter - IF you subscribe by Friday, January 20th, you will receive my emaiil and have full access to this spectacular Port buying op. Not that I take sides, but STRIPE is the easiest and fastest way to go about this, but you can still use Paypal if you want to set up an account, something STRIPE doesn't require. [cheers.gif]

I will just say, that the quantity purchased here in the USA, was unprecedented, as the deal was great here, but the pricing even more advantageous in the EU.

:thumbsup:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Thomas V

Re: For FTLOP'ers throughout EUROPE

Post by Thomas V »

Only way to put it.

YOU THE MAN ROY! YOU THE MAN!!!!! [friends.gif]

This is exciting news and you know I am one of those that have been asking for the Europeans to get a chance to participate in the BuyOps.

Thank you for your efforts. This is HIGHLY appreciated.
Bert VD

Post by Bert VD »

great!
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

You are both welcome. Thomas, trust me ... you were far from being alone in asking. Not easy, but it will be worth the effort, as I have long felt bad about not being able to take care of the subscribers in other countries. It took me a while to realize, while the still wines were not possible, that did not preclude doing the Ports alone. The producer is willing to make this happen for me/us and now it is just making sure we have everything ready by next weekend to send everyone the information.

:NotWorthy: <---- Roy
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Phil W

Post by Phil W »

Roy - a request - if/when you've emailed EU subscribers with details of the EU opportunity, could you please post here as well to say the email has gone out? (to avoid/manage any email mis-haps) Thanks.
Thomas V

Post by Thomas V »

Phil W wrote:Roy - a request - if/when you've emailed EU subscribers with details of the EU opportunity, could you please post here as well to say the email has gone out? (to avoid/manage any email mis-haps) Thanks.
Good idea. I am joyfully awaiting the e-mail. [beg.gif]
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Yes, of course. It will happen this week. Minor challenge is being handled, but once conquered .. launch will take place.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

As promised: Emails sent to those living in the countries listed below ...

FTLOP’s expanded buying op … For our European subscribers

FINALLY! An expanded week-long offering is available, to thank FTLOP’s European subscribers for their loyalty and patience. We’re thrilled this one-time offering is able to work and it is solely presented to those in Europe. It can’t get any more DIRECT than this, meaning you’ll be buying directly from the owner/winemaker of Quinta do Mourão. And when the week is up – that’s it. The door will be locked in Miguel’s cellar and you’ll have to find these 8 incredible S. Leonardo Ports another way – and definitely not at these prices. You don’t want to miss this one!

Find your country in the list below to participate or figure out a way to pick them up in any of these 23 European countries; or you are welcome to visit Portugal and pick them up in person! It is completely your choice:

• AUSTRIA
• BELGIUM
• BULGARIA
• CZECH REPUBLIC
• DENMARK
• ESTONIA
• FINLAND
• FRANCE
• GERMANY
• HOLLAND
• HUNGARY
• IRELAND
• ITALY
• LATVIA
• LITHUANIA
• LUXEMBOURG
• POLAND
• PORTUGAL - This was left off of the email .. my error, but of course it IS included.
• ROMANIA
• SLOVAKIA
• SPAIN
• SWEDEN
• UK

NOTE:
IF you would like to participate and do not see your country in the above European list; you can still take part but would have to ship your wines to one of these other countries. Sorry, that is the best I could do. If you are not a subscriber and want to participate, you'd have to become one. Taking part in this buying op, will pay for your entire year's worth of newsletters. Any questions, do not put them here, as I am away tomorrow and part of Friday. Email for a fast response: [email protected]
Christian Gollnick

Post by Christian Gollnick »

Hello Roy: Can you please send this email to me, too... I'm frequently in Europe and can pick up bottles there... Or are you working on a buying-opportunity for the Cayman Islands, too? Then I would wait of course... Hahahaha... [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif] [cheers.gif]
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Sent. :winepour:
jf rouette

Post by jf rouette »

Roy you send me the email also? I have contacts in Europe that could help
Thanks
In Port We Trust !
Bert VD

Post by Bert VD »

i feel a bit bad having no budget for port right now after asking for the buyer's op in Europe :oops:
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Bert VD wrote:i feel a bit bad having no budget for port right now after asking for the buyer's op in Europe :oops:
I feel bad for you because the prices are so ridiculously good. Are you sure you can't scrape together enough for the minimum order? It's not like it will go bad... get a bottle or two of good stuff and then fill in the case with the cheaper stuff.
Glenn Elliott
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

JF Rouette: email me immediately at [email protected] or go to the area at which you normally download the .pdf version of the newsletter and you'll see the offering in a .pdf posted there.

Bert: look at all the trouble you caused! Kidding of course. Sorry your funds are not stocked up for this. We'll never see this kind of offering again at these prices. Glenn makes a great suggestion. Prices will nearly double on the higher end Ports when this buying op expires!
Thomas V

Post by Thomas V »

After placing your order pr. mail is there normally sent a confirmation mail back right away?

I send my order yesterday afternoon and have not heard back yet... They are probably just busy.
Phil W

Post by Phil W »

Thomas V wrote:After placing your order pr. mail is there normally sent a confirmation mail back right away?

I send my order yesterday afternoon and have not heard back yet... They are probably just busy.
Hi Thomas, I'm in the same position, haven't heard back yet after sending order yesterday morning, but I'm pretty relaxed about it, am sure it will all work out fine. :munch:
Thomas V

Post by Thomas V »

Phil W wrote:
Thomas V wrote:After placing your order pr. mail is there normally sent a confirmation mail back right away?

Hi Thomas, I'm in the same position, haven't heard back yet after sending order yesterday morning, but I'm pretty relaxed about it, am sure it will all work out fine. :munch:
Hi Phil,

I did get an answer back this afternoon at around 15:00 o'clock with a confirmation. I wasn't too stressed. However since there is a window of opportunity, it works best for the customer if you just get a confirmation that they did receive your order and there wasn't some mix up. I am sure that everything is in perfect order and that all that did order within the time frame will be serviced perfectly.
Phil W

Post by Phil W »

Thomas V wrote:I did get an answer back this afternoon at around 15:00 o'clock with a confirmation. I wasn't too stressed. However since there is a window of opportunity, it works best for the customer if you just get a confirmation that they did receive your order and there wasn't some mix up. I am sure that everything is in perfect order and that all that did order within the time frame will be serviced perfectly.
Glad you got your confirmation. Haven't had mine yet, but am sure it will be along soon.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Chill out guys, PATIENCE. [friends.gif]

I have now approved all orders to ensure everyone was an actual subscriber. So within the next couple of days, every one who ordered will get confirms back. Until then, just try to kick back and relax. [dance2.gif]
Thomas V

Post by Thomas V »

I got all of the bottles I ordered this Friday. I must say the wrappings and safeguards it came in was the most professional I have ever seen from a wine merchant.

Cheers for making this Buy Up happen for the Europeans [friends.gif]