selling my Madeira at KLwines.com - final call - Barbeito Boal 1960 x 3

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Andreas Platt

selling my Madeira at KLwines.com - final call - Barbeito Boal 1960 x 3

Post by Andreas Platt »

....some lots are starting 2morrow.

Will be a massive amount of Madeiras that's available - is worth being checked out...and I guess they ship to about everywhere...
Last edited by Andreas Platt on Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jim S.

Re: selling my Madeira at KLwines.com

Post by Jim S. »

I don't think they ship to NY :(
Andreas Platt

Post by Andreas Platt »

If you are ordering alcoholic beverages to be shipped to one of the following states...
AR, CT, DE, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NJ, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WV
...we won't be able to accept your order over the Internet. Please call (800) 247-5987 for more information.
Maybe there is a way to get that order through over the phone? Might be worth checking it out, if interested.

Just my 2c.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Jim S. wrote:I don't think they ship to NY :(
No. New York has totally stopped out of state shipments unless the producer or retailer has a license in place and can show proof to shipping companies they comply with their now-being-strictly-enforced laws. I've posted a thread about this somewhere on here, which had a link for full details to wineberserkers where it was extensively discussed.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Andreas Platt

Post by Andreas Platt »

Hmmm...I still wonder why they then would mention the phone option if nothing goes, anyways.

However: 1 bottle of my 1966 Taylor VP went live recently, too, besides Fairchild Stones 2013 #1 and #2.

Funny thing is that they sell a 1966 Taylor Tawny at the same time (mine is auctioned) but I was astounded by the 270 bucks for the Tawny...anyone having any thoughts about this one?
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Andreas Platt wrote:Hmmm...I still wonder why they then would mention the phone option if nothing goes, anyways.
I suspect they end up shipping to New jersey, which has been the popular thing for NY'ers to do, then they drive over and get it. Or perhaps they have a 3rd party shipper that has a permit they send it through.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Andreas Platt

Re: selling my Madeira at KLwines.com - final call - Barbeito Boal 1960 x 3

Post by Andreas Platt »

FYI:

online until April, 13th are 3 bottles 1960 B Barbeito, then everything's gone.
Alan Gardner

Post by Alan Gardner »

Andreas Platt wrote:However: 1 bottle of my 1966 Taylor VP went live recently, too, besides Fairchild Stones 2013 #1 and #2.

Funny thing is that they sell a 1966 Taylor Tawny at the same time (mine is auctioned) but I was astounded by the 270 bucks for the Tawny...anyone having any thoughts about this one?
Hi Andreas,
I rarely check this forum, but can explain the high price.
Taylor only released this wine within the past couple of years - they have instituted a 'late release' program. I don't recall the price, but the cask(s) were tasted before bottling, so are of undoubted quality.
Earlier this year they released the 1967 Colheita - most of it earmarked for Canada (our 150th birthday this year). In Ontario it retailed for $300 Canadian (slightly less in B.C.). I tasted it - spectacular!
Also bought a bottle for our Port tasting group here - works out to about $25 for a 'taste' - at that price doubly worth trying.

PS Did you recently acquire a 1925 Madeira on-line? Somebody outbid me (and I don't want to compete in future).
Stewart T.

Post by Stewart T. »

IMO, the 1966 is considerably better than the 1967 Taylor's Single Harvest Port.
Stewart T. (Admin) [email protected]
Alan Gardner

Post by Alan Gardner »

Stewart,
No contest on the VINTAGE ports. 1966 far ahead for me.
But it's the (recent) release of wood-aged ports from both vintages (by Taylor, Fladgate) that hasn't been well-covered.
I missed the 1966 (tawny) but the 67 features very high acidity which gives it an impressive balance (I rate it higher than the vintage port from the same year - albeit I haven't had that for a long time).
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

I have had the 1966 and 1967 at least 3x each, (the 1966 many times more than that). One time side-by-side. For my palate there's no question that 1966 bests the 1967 Single Harvest Tawny. I have the 1968 in front of me and will get to taste it so that it can be included in the upcoming newsletter.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com