FLASH SALE for subscribers

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

FTLOP Subscribers (must be a subscriber by Saturday to participate) within the USA, there is a closeout sale of 21 SKUs of pristine ex-cellars-direct offering of Colheitas going back 80 years, also White Ports & a few Vintage Ports too. Prices on these specific wines are exclusively for FTLOP for six days and will never be seen again. This will be sent to you by email within the next 24-48 hours. First come, first served ... until sold out.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Thomas V

Re: FLASH SALE for subscribers

Post by Thomas V »

Cool Roy. Good job. [friends.gif]

I'd like to see the selection even though I am not eligible to place an order as an European. Per mail?
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Thomas V wrote:Cool Roy. Good job. [friends.gif]

I'd like to see the selection even though I am not eligible to place an order as an European. Per mail?
Thomas,
Any subscriber can see the offer. Just go to the home page and click the Subscribers tab, then the Newsletter Download tab. You will see the offer posted already.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Nice one, Roy! Thanks!

After the amount I spent on the last one, though, I'm probably going to cut waaay back on this one. Which is sad, because there are some really nice Ports in this offer.
Glenn Elliott
Stewart T.

Post by Stewart T. »

And if any paid subscribers have issues accessing the downloads page (or have questions about their subscriptions), please submit a ticket at the link below and we will work to get the issue resolved as quickly as possible:

http://www.fortheloveofport.com/helpdesk
Stewart T. (Admin) [email protected]
John M.

Post by John M. »

Many beauties in their including my Birth Year. Thank you Roy
Any Port in a storm!
Thomas V

Post by Thomas V »

Andy Velebil wrote:
Thomas V wrote:Cool Roy. Good job. [friends.gif]

Thomas,
Any subscriber can see the offer. Just go to the home page and click the Subscribers tab, then the Newsletter Download tab. You will see the offer posted already.
Cheerio. I took a look. Got jealous and closed the pdf. Then proceeded to open a 10YO Taylor's Magnum to sooth my soul. [help.gif]
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Thomas V.

Did it make you want to move to the USA? [welcome.gif]

In all seriousness, you should have received the email re: the offering.

If somebody could help me figure out how to get something like this to work in Europe, I have a free year's subscription for the idea that works to help our European subscribers. Plus a nice bottle of older VP from my own collection!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Maurice Fitzhugh

Post by Maurice Fitzhugh »

Well there goes that bonus pay again! I want to say stop but no keep them coming I will just have to work more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

Maurice Fitzhugh wrote:Well there goes that bonus pay again! I want to say stop but no keep them coming I will just have to work more.
Seriously, me too. I'm even trying to restrain myself and mostly succeeding, but the few bottles I'm planning to order still add up pretty quickly. It's not hard to go over $1000 with an offering like this!
Glenn Elliott
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

So don't send e-mails until Sunday, 4 Jun. What time zone? Sender's? Receiver's? GMT?
Mike K.

Post by Mike K. »

How is the heat tolerance of Port?

I just visited with a friend in Napa who is a boutique wine maker. He told me the window for shipping wine this spring is most definitely over.

I really want these Kopke's but am concerned they may get heat damaged during shipment.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Mike K. wrote:How is the heat tolerance of Port?

I just visited with a friend in Napa who is a boutique wine maker. He told me the window for shipping wine this spring is most definitely over.

I really want these Kopke's but am concerned they may get heat damaged during shipment.
I would only ship next day air or two day air at this point. Ground is mostly out unless you live within a days drive of Washington. The weather along the route of shipping is the biggest issue at the moment and what most people don't factor. Keep in mind most shipments are sent through their major hubs. So it may take an out of the way detour to the nearest hub and that may be in a hot climate.

Across country ground is definitely out of the question by now.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Mike K.

Post by Mike K. »

Andy Velebil wrote: I would only ship next day air or two day air at this point. Ground is mostly out unless you live within a days drive of Washington. The weather along the route of shipping is the biggest issue at the moment and what most people don't factor.
Thanks Andy, that's what I was afraid of. Looks like 2nd day air across the country would be cost prohibitive for me. :(
Bradley Bogdan

Post by Bradley Bogdan »

Great deal, thanks for helping to arrange this Roy!

-Brad

Gary Richardson
Location: Clarksville, Maryland, United States of America - USA

Post by Gary Richardson »

Just got back from the beach and placed my order via email. Hope they have some of what I want left!
John M.

Post by John M. »

Mike K. wrote:
Andy Velebil wrote: I would only ship next day air or two day air at this point. Ground is mostly out unless you live within a days drive of Washington. The weather along the route of shipping is the biggest issue at the moment and what most people don't factor.
Thanks Andy, that's what I was afraid of. Looks like 2nd day air across the country would be cost prohibitive for me. :(
It's cool this week--mid 60s for the highs on east coast--but I don't think they'd ship that fast.
Any Port in a storm!
Maurice Fitzhugh

Post by Maurice Fitzhugh »

I got my order in at 4am PST so I hope I got what I wanted. Roy thanks for these great deals. They save money in the long run but wow I have spent way too much this year. But I still like them!

Last edited by Maurice Fitzhugh on Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

I place my (smaller than normal) order right at midnight. Had to make sure I could get my Anniversary year! :lol:

1987, so I probably didn't have anything to worry about, but better safe than Port-less, right? :wink:
Glenn Elliott
cliburn
Location: Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States of America - USA

Post by cliburn »

Oh man, I did not log in for a week... just saw this.... hope I did not miss out.