TN: 2007 Casa Ferreirinha Quinta da Leda Douro red

For Discussion of Table Wines from all regions of Portugal

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Rune EG

TN: 2007 Casa Ferreirinha Quinta da Leda Douro red

Post by Rune EG »

Dinner at Presuntaria Transmontana, Gaia.
Last time I posted a tasting note for 2007 Quinta da Leda was in 2011, when I gave it 91 pts. Now six years later I am giving it 94 pts (and please note with very short decanting time).

Decanted 0.5-1.0 hr during the meal. Dark red colour. Aroma was very deep with a complexity consisting of berries and terroir/minerals.
Full body. Powerful in a subdued way, and quite elegant. Well-structured and well balanced acidity/sweetness with a long aftertaste. Delicious Douro red. 94 pts.
Brian C.

Re: TN: 2007 Casa Ferreirinha Quinta da Leda Douro red

Post by Brian C. »

Thanks for this TN, Rune. I have one of these, and this makes me want to open it soon, especially if only such a short decant is warranted here.
Rune EG

Post by Rune EG »

Hi Brian! I have had quite a few Quinta da Leda Douro reds from 7-8 different vintages, and when being at home I generally give them 2-3 hours decanting.
However, having had very good Leda-vintages like 2007, 2011 and 2013 at restaurants with the short decanting time, I am amazed how well they perform.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Had the 2008 Leda last Thursday and it was awesome. Had it side by side with the 2011 and the 2008 was more classic and ripe dark fruit (no surprise really given 2011 was such a good Port year).
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com