Any theme for June?

This forum is designed to help facilitate virtual tastings.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Melanie R.

Any theme for June?

Post by Melanie R. »

Still almost 2 weeks left in this month--will there be a theme for June? [foilhat.gif]
Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves, for we shall never cease to be amused.
Jim R.

Re: Any theme for June?

Post by Jim R. »

Since June is past I request a VT subject for July. Please do no be discouraged if you do not receive a large number of responses, I believe many of the subscribers review your VT topics and see if they have any items to report but do not always have an item that applies. I want to participate but do not always have the appropriate wine or time to acquire one. It is always interesting to see the responses. Since we have a Port tasting note section it seems non-port wines might make good subjects. A current release selection of varietals from a specific area of the world or whatever you suggest is good by me. FYI I just finished a 1994 St Supery cabernet sauvigon (Napa, CA) which was very fragrant with plum, currant, mocha aromas and a very balanced plum, currant, mocha, liquorice flavor that had a slight amount of tannins left and excellent acidity. It worked well with the food that night. Regards
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Jim and Melanie,

Since we're already into July, how about you guys chose the theme and we'll go with that for this month.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Melanie R.

Post by Melanie R. »

In light of the recent discussion about the 2005 Graham's LBV, might I suggest that July's theme be anything from Graham's, especially the 2005 LBV if you can get it?

(The LBV discussion can be found here: http://www.fortheloveofport.com/ftlopfo ... =1&t=10027 )
Blessed are we who can laugh at ourselves, for we shall never cease to be amused.
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

Graham's it is! I have lots of options, but will see if I can find the 2005 LBV somewhere around here before I open anything.
Glenn Elliott
Markus D.

Post by Markus D. »

Graham's sounds good! I'll check to see if the 2005 LBV's have made it to BC yet, if not, I'll grab an earlier LBV and at least it'll serve to add some verticleness to this month's VT ;)