Miguel Braga

This section is for those who have basics questions about, or are new to, Port. There are no "dumb" questions here - just those wanting to learn more!

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Allan Engelsted Laurents

Miguel Braga

Post by Allan Engelsted Laurents »

Sitting these Day and reading about the latest "buying up madness". Back then I had placed a Big order with an other Portuguese winedealer, so my budget was a little low, so I didnt participate.
But my Friends, Mr Miguel Braga is comming to Denmark in January 2016, and I will be attending his S. Leonardo Tawnytasting.... :thanks: [berserker.gif]

On the menu, there is a range of his TWAIOA... And with an option to taste his 60YO.

Please time...hurry up....
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: Miguel Braga

Post by Andy Velebil »

I'm sure you will enjoy it. And please, tell him I said hi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Allan Engelsted Laurents

[cheers.gif] Andy.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

He is a great guy and a fine master blender and winemaker too. You will enjoy meeting him Allan. Wish I could make it back there, but am considering a 2016 or 2017 return for sure. i look forward to see you again when I do and will be in touch with you. Regards to H! :winepour:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Allan Engelsted Laurents

Yes! This comming Saturday is the Quinta do Mourão tasting with Mr. Braga in Copenhagen.

Will let You know about the 60 year old Lady!
[yahoo.gif]
David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Post by David Spriggs »

Please say "Hello" to him for me. His wines are very special.... and frankly so is he. Enjoy!!
Thomas V

Post by Thomas V »

I am a bit jealous of you Allan, I am not afraid to admit.

I hope you have a wonderful evening and that Miguel has brought some of this special bottles for you to taste..
Allan Engelsted Laurents

Home again after a fantastic afternoon with this very nice and easygoing Portuguese Tawny-maker.

The line-up:
10 year old White
2000 Vintage
Tawny 10YO
Tawny 20YO
Tawny 30YO
Tawny 40YO

And for dessert 2 glasses of:
Tawny 60YO

This guy makes some marvelous Ports! For startes the White Tawny was amazing! And the showstopper, the 60 YO was mindblowing....

On top some insider stories about his wines, and the funny story (just told to me), when Mr. Tawny (Glenn) kept on comming with his emty glass, getting servings of older and older Tawnies... (As told in the port-newsletter one year ago)
Miguel sends his regards back to You guys! I had the feeling, that You All means a lot to him [friends.gif]