Portuguese Wine Dinner With Broadbent Selections Quinta do Crasto & Casa Ferreirinha

This site is for discussion of travel to the "Land of Port & Madeira" as well as food related to Port or Portugal. Additionally your Offline tasting events can be planned and reviewed here.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

John M.

Portuguese Wine Dinner With Broadbent Selections Quinta do Crasto & Casa Ferreirinha

Post by John M. »

Hey...anyone near Cleveland, Ohio this looks like an awesome evening...

http://chezfrancois.com/a-portuguese-wine-dinner/

A Portuguese Wine Dinner
With Broadbent Selections Quinta do Crasto & Casa Ferreirinha
Thursday, October 18, 2018 • 6:30 pm

This dinner takes us on a journey into the Douro River Valley of Portugal to taste the fabulous wines of Quinta do Crasto and Casa Ferreirinha. Port wine has always been the heart and soul of this region but in the past decade, both reds and whites have been introduced slowly into world markets, offering outstanding quality and value. Join us as we taste nine wines from this unique wine region.

Located in the prime spot in the heart of the Douro Valley the first demarcated and regulated wine Region in the world (1756) in northern Portugal. Quinta do Crasto has been in the family of Lenor and Jorge Roquette for more than a century. They benefit from exceptional conditions for producing great red wine.

For more than 250 years, Ferreirinha has been synonymous with high-quality Portuguese wine, and known around the world as “the Portuguese brand.” Ferreirinha was founded in 1751, and under the direction of Dona Antónia Adelaide became the reference point for exceptional ports and Douro wines. Today, Ferreira continues to be a global market leader, and the symbol of a country and a culture.
Any Port in a storm!
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: Portuguese Wine Dinner With Broadbent Selections Quinta do Crasto & Casa Ferreirinha

Post by Andy Velebil »

That should be a very fun dinner indeed. Both wines, across their entire portfolios, are quite good.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Alan McDonald

Re: Portuguese Wine Dinner With Broadbent Selections Quinta do Crasto & Casa Ferreirinha

Post by Alan McDonald »

I would have liked to go to that. Knowing what I spend on our extremely rare nights out, the price of $115 seems very reasonable to me - is it?

I particularly noted that Stilton was served with the Port. That is indeed a "marriage made in heaven" and for anyone who has not tried Stilton (which normally means the blue, but White is more acceptable to some palates) you are missing what I believe to be the main purpose for the invention of Port. Although we cannot buy either Stilton in Castelo Branco except maybe one year in three at Christmas, we do have other cheeses with Port every night.