Port Wine Museum moves to Ribeira

This site is for discussion of travel to the "Land of Port & Madeira" as well as food related to Port or Portugal. Additionally your Offline tasting events can be planned and reviewed here.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Christian Gollnick

Port Wine Museum moves to Ribeira

Post by Christian Gollnick »

I must confess that I have been only once to the Port Wine Museum in Porto, because it's a long walk away from the epicenter of the Port Trade in Gaia / Ribeira. I remember it was quite nice... but as there are so many Port Wine Lodges in Gaia, that also have nearly a Museum-character (like Ramos Pinto or Ferreira), I never bothered again to walk the 20 minutes to make it to the Port Wine Museum... the good news is that it now will relocate to Ribeira, Rua da Reboleira. The opening will be already in a few days, on March 5th 2019.
I must say I like this... finally a building in Ribeira that got remodeled without ending up on AirBnB... Looking forward to a new place to visit during my next trio to Porto.
David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Re: Port Wine Museum moves to Ribeira

Post by David Spriggs »

Awesome! I will have to visit. Thanks for the news!
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: Port Wine Museum moves to Ribeira

Post by Andy Velebil »

David Spriggs wrote:Awesome! I will have to visit. Thanks for the news!
+1
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com