FTLOP 14th Anniversary Tasting

This site is for discussion of travel to the "Land of Port & Madeira" as well as food related to Port or Portugal. Additionally your Offline tasting events can be planned and reviewed here.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Re: FTLOP 14th Anniversary Tasting

Post by Glenn E. »

Steve Pollack wrote:Please sign me up. And great seeing you yesterday, Glenn! [cheers.gif] [friends.gif]
Great seeing you, too, Steve! I was somewhat relieved to see a friendly face or two, because I wasn't sure there was going to be ANYONE there that I recognized!
Glenn Elliott
David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Post by David Spriggs »

Andy Velebil wrote:We're almost full. Can't wait to see everyone (and have some nice Ports too).
This should be an awesome tasting. I know I'm bringing some good stuff to share! [yahoo.gif]
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

David Spriggs wrote:
Andy Velebil wrote:We're almost full. Can't wait to see everyone (and have some nice Ports too).
This should be an awesome tasting. I know I'm bringing some good stuff to share! [yahoo.gif]
Speaking of which... if you've signed up, please let me know what you're bringing so that I can ensure we don't accidentally end up with any duplicates!
Glenn Elliott
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

David Spriggs wrote:This should be an awesome tasting. I know I'm bringing some good stuff to share! [yahoo.gif]
My bottles have already been shipped, and one was based on your comment David. So I hope you like that one.
Don B.

Post by Don B. »

Is there still room of one more? Don Baumhefner would love to come again.
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

You bet! I'll add you to the list!
Glenn Elliott
Bradley Bogdan

Post by Bradley Bogdan »

Glenn mentioned some self-directed activities being an option on Friday or Sunday (or both!).

I just booked my flight and would be available for both evenings, and would love to drink some additional Port with anyone willing. Any ideas or volunteers? Coming from out of town makes it tough for me to host, but I'm looking at AirBnBs, so that's not necessarily out of the question if there's only a few people free.
-Brad

Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

I'm flying out Monday morning, so I'd like to do something Sunday. Friday I can't guarantee when I arrive, but I'd like to join in on something, possibly late.
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

VENUE CHANGE

Hi all, Roy learned right before leaving for Portugal that Daniel's Lake Union has a very large, very expensive wedding that's taking over our two rooms that weekend. They've given us a nice room at the Bellevue location, though.

The new location is:

DANIEL’S BROILER – BELLEVUE
10500 N.E. 8th, 21st Floor, Bellevue, WA 98004
Located on the 21st floor of the Bank of America building in the Bellevue Place complex, guests enjoy stunning views of the Olympic Mountains, downtown Bellevue, and the Seattle skyline from our outdoor decks while enjoying USDA Prime Steaks—the top two percent of all graded beef in the nation—as well as other traditional steakhouse favorites and a selection of high-end spirits from our Prime 21 Spirits Lounge.
Glenn Elliott
Marc R

Post by Marc R »

It looks like you're full, and I'm afraid that I have a flight back home that evening, so I'd be unable to participate in the dinner. However, if a tasting spot opens up, I'd love to see everyone.
Marcus
Don B.

Post by Don B. »

Looks like I will not be able to come after all. Hopefully Marcus will be able to fill my spot. Sorry to not be able to come and be with you all again. [foilhat.gif]
David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Post by David Spriggs »

Don B. wrote:Looks like I will not be able to come after all. Hopefully Marcus will be able to fill my spot. Sorry to not be able to come and be with you all again. [foilhat.gif]
Bummer. You will be missed!
Marc R

Post by Marc R »

I'm sorry that Don can't make it out any longer, but I'm happy to fill the tasting spot, if it's available.
Marcy L

Post by Marcy L »

I would love to take the extra spot that opened up!
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

I chatted with Marcus offline, and since he can't stay for dinner we're going to add Marcy to replace Don.
Glenn Elliott
Steve Pollack

Post by Steve Pollack »

Anyone interested in dinner in Bellevue Friday night? [cheers.gif]
Bradley Bogdan

Post by Bradley Bogdan »

Steve Pollack wrote:Anyone interested in dinner in Bellevue Friday night? [cheers.gif]
I'll be around and would love to meet up. Any particular ideas? Anyone else interested?
-Brad

Steve Pollack

Post by Steve Pollack »

Bradley Bogdan wrote:
Steve Pollack wrote:Anyone interested in dinner in Bellevue Friday night? [cheers.gif]
I'll be around and would love to meet up. Any particular ideas? Anyone else interested?

Awesome, Brad. It's been a while! [friends.gif] And of course, the more, the merrier!

I was thinking either Taylor Shellfish Oyster Bar or Ascend Prime Steak & Sushi. But I'm certainly open to other ideas. I'll need to be in Bellevue though, because I won't have time to travel elsewhere after checking into my hotel.
Bradley Bogdan

Post by Bradley Bogdan »

Steve Pollack wrote:
Bradley Bogdan wrote:

Awesome, Brad. It's been a while! [friends.gif] And of course, the more, the merrier!

I was thinking either Taylor Shellfish Oyster Bar or Ascend Prime Steak & Sushi. But I'm certainly open to other ideas. I'll need to be in Bellevue though, because I won't have time to travel elsewhere after checking into my hotel.
Its been too long! I actually had a friend telling me about Taylor Shellfish a few weeks ago, and I'm quite shellfish starved since moving to Texas a few years ago, so that would be my vote. I'm up for either though, if someone else joins with a strong opinion. I'm staying just south of Bellevue at an AirBnB, so anyplace in Bellevue is convenient.
-Brad

Steve Pollack

Post by Steve Pollack »

Brad, I booked Taylor Shellfish at 504 Bellevue Way NE for 7:15 Friday. Let me know if that works for you. I'll send my mobile number to you via DM so we can communicate in real time tomorrow if need be.

If anyone else would like to join us, please reach out. [cheers.gif]