Benchmarkwine.com Bin Sale 11/27 to 12/02

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Mike J. W.

Benchmarkwine.com Bin Sale 11/27 to 12/02

Post by Mike J. W. »

I was just notified via email that Benchmark Wine (benchmarkwine.com) is having another Bin sale from today through Dec. 2. The pricing on some of their Ports are really good. I picked up a Graham's 1994 for $55 and a Fonseca 1985 for $75 . Lots to choose from, so check it out.
"I have often thought that the aim of Port is to give you a good and durable hangover, so that during the next day you should be reminded of the splendid occasion the night before." - Hungarian/British journalist & author George Mikes
Mike K.

Re: Benchmarkwine.com Bin Sale 11/27 to 12/02

Post by Mike K. »

Some very good deals there.
Had my eye on a few bottles - but the "All sales are final" terms for their Bin Sale unnerved me a bit. Saw one Yelp review (for whatever it's worth) where the customer was unhappy with the bottles but there was no recourse as all sales final on Bin.
Mike J. W.

Post by Mike J. W. »

I've bought from them for years including many bin sales and haven't had a problem. They usually indicate the condition of their bottles and
they've been accurate. Just my 2 cents as it doesn't mean everyone's experience would be the same.
"I have often thought that the aim of Port is to give you a good and durable hangover, so that during the next day you should be reminded of the splendid occasion the night before." - Hungarian/British journalist & author George Mikes
Mike K.

Post by Mike K. »

Thanks Mike. I ended up ordering a few bottles of RWC Porto Moniz Maderia. Great pricing.
Mike J. W.

Post by Mike J. W. »

Let me know how it works out. My order is shipping today. [cheers.gif]
Mike K.

Post by Mike K. »

Mike J. W. wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:07 pm Let me know how it works out. My order is shipping today. [cheers.gif]
My order shipped Monday and arrived today. Their customer service was great (they called to verify the shipping and billing addresses since I was a first time customer) and they shipped quickly. Bottles look perfect. I'll crack one open over the next week check the quality :wink:

Thanks Mike!
Mike J. W.

Post by Mike J. W. »

I'm glad to hear that everything seemingly worked out. The proof of course will be when you crack that first bottle for a "quality control" taste.
And as you said, good customer service as well.

Mike