Buy-op for Subs January 2020

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Thomas V

Buy-op for Subs January 2020

Post by Thomas V »

Would just like to hear if the current ongoing buy-op includes Europeans on the mainland?
Andreas Platt

Re: Buy-op for Subs January 2020

Post by Andreas Platt »

me too.
David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Post by David Spriggs »

Unfortunately No.

"In the USA: All pre-orders will be importer-direct, with So. CA-based D’Ouro Vino Selections. Unfortunately, this company is not able to ship outside of the USA."
Thomas V

Post by Thomas V »

David Spriggs wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:19 pm Unfortunately No.

"In the USA: All pre-orders will be importer-direct, with So. CA-based D’Ouro Vino Selections. Unfortunately, this company is not able to ship outside of the USA."
Thanks David. A shame. Ahh maybe next time.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

I tried to negotiate European inclusion direct with Miguel at S. Leonardo. He was very straight forward with me and said that last time when he did the buying op in Germany, Denmark and the UK, that he had importer/agents come back at him because the FTLOP prices were far below what they were able to see the bottles at. Well yeah, they add on lofty percentages of profit, so of course that was the case. Unfortunately, he let me know he would not risk business with these major players in his business and would not have EU countries be able to participate. I really did try for the EU guys. Sorry!! [friends.gif]
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com