1998 Grahams Quinta Dos Malvedos Vintage Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Paul Fountain

1998 Grahams Quinta Dos Malvedos Vintage Port

Post by Paul Fountain »

Decanted for about 8 hours
Just starting to show signs of age in the colour.
Cassia bark, cinnamon raspberry jam on the nose
Nice balance on the palate. Quite fresh without being overtly minty. Blueberry syrup with a dusting of cinnamon and vanilla. Fine tannins that don't make their presence known until the end and everything neatly in its place. While not a top tier port, it is still very nice drinking. Day 2 offered up more of the same, with possibly better integration. Very satisfying.
93 points.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: 1998 Grahams Quinta Dos Malvedos Vintage Port

Post by Andy Velebil »

Paul Fountain wrote:Decanted for about 8 hours
Just starting to show signs of age in the colour.
Cassia bark, cinnamon raspberry jam on the nose
Nice balance on the palate. Quite fresh without being overtly minty. Blueberry syrup with a dusting of cinnamon and vanilla. Fine tannins that don't make their presence known until the end and everything neatly in its place. While not a top tier port, it is still very nice drinking. Day 2 offered up more of the same, with possibly better integration. Very satisfying.
93 points.
Glad to hear it’s doing well. I’ve recently had the 1998 Vesuvio and Ribiera VP’s, both were excellent.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Paul Fountain

Re: 1998 Grahams Quinta Dos Malvedos Vintage Port

Post by Paul Fountain »

I don't own many 98s, but I'll have a few Quinta de Vargellas as well as the Malvedos. I'll have to dig one of those out and see how it is going, at least when lockdown is eased a bit and I am allowed to travel to the other side of the city where they are stored :lol: