1995 Warre Vintage Port Quinta da Cavadinha

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

John Danza
Location: Naperville, Illinois, United States of America - USA

1995 Warre Vintage Port Quinta da Cavadinha

Post by John Danza »

• 1995 Warre Porto Vintage Quinta da Cavadinha - Portugal, Douro, Porto (10/16/2020)
    Double decanted four hours before service. No alcohol heat to speak of. Moderate sweetness with some dryness on the finish, somewhat like Dow. Great fruit on the palate. Very easy to drink. Great with chocolate. These can be held for years still, or easily drunk if handled like I did. (92 pts.)
Posted from CellarTracker
John Danza
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: 1995 Warre Vintage Port Quinta da Cavadinha

Post by Andy Velebil »

Don’t tell anyone about these. Our secret. Lol
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
John Danza
Location: Naperville, Illinois, United States of America - USA

Post by John Danza »

Andy Velebil wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:14 pm Don’t tell anyone about these. Our secret. Lol
Deal!

I somehow ended up with 6 different bottlers of the 1995 vintage. After having this one, I'm thinking it's time for a horizontal tasting.
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

John Danza wrote:
Andy Velebil wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:14 pm Don’t tell anyone about these. Our secret. Lol
Deal!

I somehow ended up with 6 different bottlers of the 1995 vintage. After having this one, I'm thinking it's time for a horizontal tasting.
Good idea.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Mike J. W.

Post by Mike J. W. »

I've seen these popping up on various auction sites and have been curious about them. Maybe it's time to try one.
"I have often thought that the aim of Port is to give you a good and durable hangover, so that during the next day you should be reminded of the splendid occasion the night before." - Hungarian/British journalist & author George Mikes