Around the world in 80 ports. (travelers networking)

This site is for discussion of travel to the "Land of Port & Madeira" as well as food related to Port or Portugal. Additionally your Offline tasting events can be planned and reviewed here.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Bert VD

Around the world in 80 ports. (travelers networking)

Post by Bert VD »

The pandemic has shown me how important it is to stay connected, even at a safe distance.
Social distancing should be physical distancing and social proximity in my opinion. It is time we all stick together and show some love as clearly everyone needs it.

That gave me the idea for this topic. The ports in the title are a wink to our Dutch and Flemish friends ("thuishaven" translates to "homeport" and is the place you call home. Not necessarily where your roots are). So wherever you go it's always someone's homeport... someone who might have port at home. [cheers.gif]

So for those on the move, wether it's vacation (probably not now, but it will happen again!) or work and you have some time off; let us know in this topic. A local port lover might reach out with tips about the area, wine shops, a tasting, a chat with a glass in hand... anything to improve your travel.
If you are one of those locals you can do that in this topic as well, but if you feel your information is not for the masses just send them a direct message. Members of this forum have given me contacts to visit places i wouldn't have been to otherwise and experiences i am very grateful for. So i hope others can have those experiences too. [notworthy.gif]

I would suggest to keep group tastings and events in their own topics and reserve this to just point out where you are (going) and the reactions to that. It might be a bit quiet, but i hope it will be useful to some.

Stay safe and take care of each other!
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: Around the world in 80 ports. (travelers networking)

Post by Andy Velebil »

Bert,
Good idea, Thanks!
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Bert VD

Post by Bert VD »

i guess i'll start. i'm in the Dao region (close to Tabua) for a few weeks. going out is limited (like anywhere else) but there might be some options to maybe check out a winery.
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

The Seattle area is loaded with FTLOPers, so if you're ever in this area let us know and we'll make sure the proper steps are taken!
Glenn Elliott