New box from Quinta do Mourão

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

New box from Quinta do Mourão

Post by Glenn E. »

Peter Skov posted this picture of Quinta do Mourão's fancy new box. What comes in the box is up to you - you can order just about any assortment of their TWAIOA/WWAIOA in this box (4 x 500ml bottles) directly from their website at Quinta do Mourão. At one point you could even include the Very Old tawnies and whites, but it appears they've scaled it back a bit now as it's just the 10-40 in each range.
mourao.jpg
mourao.jpg (122.21 KiB) Viewed 2018 times
Note that Rio Bom is the brand name of S. Leonardo in Denmark (and perhaps elsewhere). As far as I know they're otherwise the same Ports.
Glenn Elliott
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: New box from Quinta do Mourão

Post by Andy Velebil »

I love the look, far better than cheap pine boxes. but my issue is the cost is quite high to make these and the forest fire smell of the burnt cork is rather off-putting. Just send me the bottles so I can enjoy the excellent contents.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Claus P

Re: New box from Quinta do Mourão

Post by Claus P »

I could not agree more with Andy.

It is quite frankly redicoulous how much material is being wasted on packaging, You would think that the producers in the Douro are completely deaf to the discussions on climate. [dash1.gif]

This is a general problem by the way, not just Q d M