New releases

This forum is for discussing all things Madeira - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

New releases

Post by Roy Hersh »

There are at least a handful of new releases by Ricardo at Barbeito that I am hoping to try a couple of times this year, during 3 trips to the island in 2023. Has anyone purchased any of these yet?

I also noticed there is now a new bottling of 1975 Blandy's Terrantez that I am sure to be trying soon. Given how good the 1977 and 1980 recent releases were, expectations for the 1975 are running high.

There is a rumor of a special new bottling by D'Oliveira too, but until I see it in person next month, I won't believe it is true. Once it is proven, I will mention it here so others have a chance to buy in. [beg.gif]
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Eric Ifune

Re: New releases

Post by Eric Ifune »

I still have wine in 750's open for several years. Still good. I've no problem keeping wine in opened glass, and large formats are fun!
Any influence on The Madeira Wine company from the Symingtons with their large format Grahams tawnies?