Wineries near Lisbon

This site is for discussion of travel to the "Land of Port & Madeira" as well as food related to Port or Portugal. Additionally your Offline tasting events can be planned and reviewed here.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

David Pope

Wineries near Lisbon

Post by David Pope »

Greetings from England! I'm thinking of spending a few days in Lisbon later this year. I'd like to visit some wineries near the city. There are travel companies but they all seem to go to the same two wineries (Jose Maria de Fonseca and Bacalhoa). Are there other wineries open to visits (in English) that I could reach by bus or train? (I don't drive so am dependent on public transport.)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Eric Menchen

Re: Wineries near Lisbon

Post by Eric Menchen »

Ahh, that public transport makes some of the Colares wineries a little difficult, but the Coopertivo may be an option, depending on the state of the roof:
https://arcolares.com/en/

And then there is Carcavelos: https://www.villaoeiras.com/PT
I took the train out, and then had to get a ride to the winery, Adega do Casal da Manteiga. But the Adega do Palácio Marquês de Pombal, where they have barrels stored and may do tasting is just a 10 minute walk to the Oeiras train station. And there are lots of other things to do and see on that line.
Eric Ifune

Post by Eric Ifune »

In Setubal, I'd recommend Hoacio Simoes.
David Pope

Post by David Pope »

Thanks for the suggestions. Horacio Simoes looks good but you need a minimum of two visitors for a visit and I'll probably be alone.