Interactive Collaboration Announced

This forum is for discussing all things Madeira - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Interactive Collaboration Announced

Post by Roy Hersh »

ATTENTION MADEIRA FANS

In another wonderful development that has been in the works for the past two months, I have decided to take a bold step and become the first (that I am aware of) to launch a collaborative approach to wine Forum interactivity. http://www.fortheloveofport.com will provide full access to our friends Peter Reutter and his brother Hans, and their brilliant Madeira web site (the best in the world in my opinion!) http://www.madeirawineguide.com. Coming in April, we will share our technology and both websites will simultaneously offer the Madeira and Marketplace Forums to their users. We will enable access through our websites and have a much more active Madeira community. I am very much looking forward to see how this works out and I believe that this joint venture will provide the best of both worlds, Port and Madeira the two extraordinary fortified dessert wines from Portugal. Please join me in welcoming the Madeira Wine Guide Forum users and make them feel right at home!

Besides being first to ever attempt such a "live link share" between two websites, my real goal was to boost participation in this specific area. As there is going to be a serious focus on Madeira for the next few months in the FTLOP newsletter ... I thought that the timing would be just right. Another reason for my idea was that after meeting Peter and Hans Reutter here in Seattle at the Madeira mega-tasting, I wanted to provide their excellent website with access to our Forum as I knew they did not want to have their own. It was a natural to share what we already had in place. Hopefully, the main goal of the collaboration, which is to increase access to the Madeira and Marketplace Forum ... that in time, readers of the Madeirawineguide.com site will migrate to the Forum and we'll have a mutually beneficial, active community. Stewart is already well under way with this program and now it is a matter of ensuring security for both web sites and making sure both parties like the look and feel. We're probably 2 weeks away from going live, if I was to guess.

I'd also like feedback to hear what you all think about this. Thanks.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

Roy,

I'm very much a lurker on the madeira forum. While I have drunk and own a handful of bottles I don't have a lot of madeira experience.

But I find the limited traffic on the madeira forum interesting and educational. If you have found a way to increase the level of traffic then I will benefit.

So, thank you.

Alex
Philip Harvey

Post by Philip Harvey »

Roy

I think this is an excellent idea. Madeira can be a bit a backwater as we know and therefore sharing resources like this makes a lot of sense. Good luck with this venture.