TN Taylors Nectar

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

simon Lisle

TN Taylors Nectar

Post by simon Lisle »

Full bodied berry flavour silky smooth, long in the middle,very sweet at the end.A good non vintage port especially if you like them sweet.
Steven Kooij

Post by Steven Kooij »

Never heard of this bottling - could you tell a bit more about it, Simon?
simon Lisle

Post by simon Lisle »

Steve this one is driven cork about 15 years old bought in Oporto,I'm not sure if it's still made.The label says rich old tawny but in truth it was more LBV,given to me with several others by a client who did not drink port.I have not seen it for sale here and does not seem to be in the Taylors range.Steve the others are early 70's and the corks arn not driven there is no sign of ullage would they be drinkable I have no experiance with these.
Al B.

Post by Al B. »

Simon,

In truth, no-one knows whether the wines will be drinkable or not - until you pull the corks and see.

If they have been well looked after (and the lack of ullage would imply that they might have been) then they could be delicious.

On the other hand, if they were light ruby blends designed to be drunk within months of bottling, they might be revolting.

Let us know in the same way that you did with the Taylors Nectar.

Alex
simon Lisle

Post by simon Lisle »

pulled the cork of de la force paramount ruby warrant to the late king of portugal tasted it and my legs buckled must be 30 percent volume.when I awoke 18 hours later I thought it must be ready for a proper tasting still strong tannins like a poor colheita an experiance lol