2005 Declarations of VP

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Todd,

No, that is not something that happens and there are checks and balances in place to prevent it.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Adam F

Post by Adam F »

I see Fine and rare a listing a fair number of the SQVP
Croft Roeda
Fonsecca Guimaraens
Senhora da Ribeira
Roriz
Terra Feita
Panascal
Vesuvio
Taylors Vargellas

Take your pick, prices may be a little higher than others.
Herman G.

Re: 2005 Declarations of VP

Post by Herman G. »

[quote="Andy V."]I found a list of who has declared, here it is.

Andy,

We would appreciate it if you would mention your source. Please realize that all the information at our website is copyright protected.

Herman Gerdingh
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Herman,

Actually, i got the list from a source other than your own site. I did do a search and located it later on your site and used it for spelling corrections and acuracy. However, that is not a violation of copyright laws, as here is an excert from the US Copyright office
Works consisting entirely of information that is common property and containing no original authorship (for example: standard calendars, height and weight charts, tape measures and rulers, and lists or tables taken from public documents or other common sources)
What is listed is "common property" that you took from pubilc documents (i.e. the port companies or the IVDP publishing the list, or wherever else you got it from.) But lets not split hairs.

However, it is great to see you posting here on the site. Welcome and congratulations on your first post and hopefully you will be a regular contributor, as you have a weath of info about Port.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Herman G.

2005 Declarations of VP

Post by Herman G. »

Andy,

For us it is a case of decency to always mention the source, rights or no rights. That is also the policy at our site.

Herman Gerdingh
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Herman,

I can assure you it was simply a matter of over site on Andy's part. Do you remember meeting him in the Douro Superior last Oct?

I am glad you do peruse FTLOP with such a keen eye. Thanks for stopping in and as Andy mentioned, it would be very nice if you would post something about Port and share your enormous knowledge of this great topic!

Nice to see you here and please send my regards to Elly!

Respectfully,

Roy
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Herman G.

2005 Declarations of VP

Post by Herman G. »

Roy,

Elly sends you her best regards too.

Don't expect me to be here frequently. My other activities take so much time these days that I am hardly able to run our own website. But maybe in the future.

Herman.