Portwine2u.com - we specialize in port wines

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Mark DaSilva
Location: Mission Viejo, California, United States of America - USA

Portwine2u.com - we specialize in port wines

Post by Mark DaSilva »

Hello All,

Glad to be a member of this site. Roy has some great write-ups in here!

Just putting the word out on our site to you port lovers. We sell only port wines (well, and a few Portuguese Wines too).

We have many brands of vintages, tawnies, colheitas, ruby's, whites, madeira's, even some California ports as well.

If you would like to come by and visit, go to:

http://www.portwine2u.com

No need to buy, just browsing is welcome. If you have any questions or suggestions, please let us know at:

portwine2u@hotmail.com

We can ship to most states, however, there are a few that we cannot. Check the bottom of the front page to see if your state allows it.

Again, this is a great site. Even though we specialize in port wine, there is much to learn.

Mark
Marco D.
Location: Milford, Connecticut, United States of America - USA

Post by Marco D. »

Welcome Mark,

Finding a new source for Portuguese wines is always welcome. A few comments:

I saw no search engine on the site... that might be worth adding.

Your "Main Menu" lists "Madeira Ports"... you may consider changing this to just "Madeiras" (as Madeira is not port).

I like your shipping rates!
Marco DeFreitas Connecticut, USA
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Question, do you allow pick ups at the store...as I live not to far away and that would save on shipping costs.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Mark DaSilva

Sorry for the late response...

Post by Mark DaSilva »

Marco,

We did have a search on our site, but it wasn't working properly. We will put it back in soon.

Re: Madeira Ports...I may have to leave it in there as is since we often get questions from new port wine fans who ask specifically about Madeira Port. It also works pretty good as a keyword.

Andy,

We are only internet sales at the moment and our site automatically bills for shipping. ABC won't allow us to do arms length yet, but we are working on changing that to house our own store down the road. Soon to come too -- port wine tasting. We get a LOT of queries about that.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Mark,

If you ever need a FTLOP guy to lead your Port tastings, please let me know. BTW, nice looking site!

I think it would look even better with a link to the FTLOP. :lol:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

I smell (taste) a partnership coming up!!! ;)

Todd
Mark DaSilva

Post by Mark DaSilva »

Roy,

I may just take you up on that (wine tastings). Sounds like you've tried a lot more than I have. Thanks also for the kind words on the site. We are always listening to what others have to say.

Thanks to your members too. We're getting a lot of hits these days.

Mark
Marc J.

Post by Marc J. »

Mark, nice site! Glad to see a nice variety of ports. I also live relatively close by and I am looking forward to your port tastings!

Marc
Mark DaSilva

Post by Mark DaSilva »

Thanks, Marc.

Yeah, we get a lot of requests for port wine tastings. Believe me, I'd love nothing more than to have a wide variety of ports to sample with cheeses and desserts to offer our members and customers. There are many I still need to try myself. What better excuse to do it?

There is a company that allocates its premises for such parties in Lake Forest down here in Orange County. I will contact the owner to see if we can use it. He is licensed to host these, I am not (at the moment).

Does anyone know if there are a lot of members here from this area?
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Mark DaSilva wrote: Does anyone know if there are a lot of members here from this area?
Me :D

There are some others from the Parker forum that enjoy Port on occassion. Not sure how many would come to a tasting, but about a year ago Wine Exchange did a Port tasting and it was pretty full.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Mark DaSilva

Post by Mark DaSilva »

I just found another place close by that allows wine tastings in Laguna Hills. They have several rooms that are being built as we speak.

One day, I'll do a roll-call here to see who lives close by and maybe host a port wine tasting.
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Hmm, don't gotta twist my arm to drink Port :lol:
Mark DaSilva

Post by Mark DaSilva »

Okay, so I plunked down a deposit to reserve a slot in this warehouse to store some of my wine. I am opening frenchwine2u.com as well, so the more storage I need, the better...

Nice looking establishment. Great wine tasting rooms.

Look out...port wine tasting in Southern California coming soon!
F rank Tota

Post by F rank Tota »

Andy V. wrote:Hmm, don't gotta twist my arm to drink Port :lol:
Mine, either. Especially if Andy is in tha house!

- Frank