1955 Burmester Colheita Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

nicos neocleous

Post by nicos neocleous »

My good friend and Port expert Roy Hersh arrived in London today. We shared a modest Chinese meal with German Rieslings from 1979 (Spatlese) and 1983 (Auslese), as well as a 1985 Vin Santo from Italy. For the finale, Roy pulled a “young” Colheita from his suitcase.

From 37.5cl, poured into a decanter and drunk slowly over a couple of hours. This recently bottled gem was deep mahogany in colour, with a nose reeking positively of beeswax, caramel and dry nuts. Sip after sip opened up with concentrated citrus fruits, cleansing acidity so impressive for this 52 year old. The elegant finish just rolled on and on over my grateful taste buds. A great start to Roy’s London chapter in his European tour. 94+/100.
YOLO
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

Nicos
I agree that is a very tasty Colheita. Hope you guys have some fun and be sure to let us know how the offline goes.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
nicos neocleous

Post by nicos neocleous »

Andy,
Thanks and I hope to post notes on the offline.

Cheers.
YOLO
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Hey, tonight it was Derek, Nicos, Uncle Tom and me having an amazing evening together. It was great to see Derek again and meet Tom for the very first time. The Ports were crazy:

1991 Graham's VP
1955 Taylor VP
1957 Niepoort Colheita
1937 Niepoort Colheita

But honestly, the Ports although great, paled in comparison to the company!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com