1985 Dow's Vintage Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

SEAN C.
Location: Brooklyn,, New York, United States of America - USA

1985 Dow's Vintage Port

Post by SEAN C. »

The 1985 Dow was a perfect color in the glass, very rich, dark and similar to black raspberries. The taste was smooth with loads of grape and cherries and was a bit of a dry finish. The Dow had a great balance of fruit and sugar versus alcohol and acidity. I imagine it will be a good Port for long term aging and be even better in 15 years. I only have half bottles of this, Moses had the full bottle .. this would be even better in a larger format for extended aging!

Sean C 94/100
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Re: 1985 DOW VINTAGE PORT

Post by Glenn E. »

Thanks for the note... I have two of these, and based on your impressions I think I'll keep them for another 10 years or so.
Glenn Elliott
SEAN C.
Location: Brooklyn,, New York, United States of America - USA

Post by SEAN C. »

Glenn E. wrote:Thanks for the note... I have two of these, and based on your impressions I think I'll keep them for another 10 years or so.
Yeah if you don't have to drink them I would wait..they are very good now though!
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Sean,

I am in full agreement on your assessment of this VP. Not only the 94 points, which I feel is the exact score I typically wind up with, but the natural progression and aging curve of this beauty. Thanks for the TN.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

This port is still a baby to me. Certainly well balanced. I think may be one of Dow's drier vintages I have tried of recent.
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars