Arranging a Delaforce vertical

This site is for discussion of travel to the "Land of Port & Madeira" as well as food related to Port or Portugal. Additionally your Offline tasting events can be planned and reviewed here.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Julian D. A. Wiseman

Arranging a Delaforce vertical

Post by Julian D. A. Wiseman »

A Delaforce vertical is being arranged via a thread on Image ThePortForum.com entitled Delaforce vertical: in the US, UK or both; in 2009 perhaps. We have 1935, 1970, 1977, and some younger vintages. Those with other Delaforce vintage ports are particularly wanted — though, of course, others are welcome.

(Hopefully this post falls within the new rules on Image.)
Last edited by Roy Hersh on Mon May 12, 2008 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Placed in wrong folder
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Re: Arranging a Delaforce vertical

Post by Roy Hersh »

Julian,

Yes, your post followed most of the rules that were agreed upon, however on this site, the ONLY place that any offlines are to be organized falls into the folder in which this post now resides. :salute:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

Count me in for a USA one, or UK in the fall. I can provide 1994 and 1977.
Last edited by Moses Botbol on Fri May 16, 2008 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Andy Velebil »

I have delaforce, but all of its young stuff...but sourcing a bottle shouldnt be too hard. I'd be down for a US offline, but it would have to be early 2009. My travel budget to the eastern side of the US or to Europe this year is quickly going to prior commitments (harvest tour and the "Yanks Invade the UK" trip). West coast flights are cheap if you all want to come out here :D
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Marc J.

Post by Marc J. »

I happen to have some Delaforce in my cellar (all of it 20+ y.o.) and I'd be very interested in participating in a vertical.
Lamont Huxley

Post by Lamont Huxley »

I would love to participate in a vertical, as I have yet to have had the opportunity. The only thing I have on hand is the Corte from 1995. I'd be happy to contribute that or search out something else if need be. I'm in Brooklyn, so NYC or Boston would be easy for me. Cheers.
The Port Maverick
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Lamont,

i will be in Brooklyn (how is that for a coincidence?) on Friday night. Are you free to join some winos that evening in Park Slope? If so, everyone will be bringing a very fine bottle of red wine from a vintage that ends in "5" so if you would like to join us, please let me know and I'll do my best to arrange it.

Thanks!

Roy
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Lamont Huxley

Post by Lamont Huxley »

Roy,

Thanks very much for the invite. I’m honored. I had completely forgotten to check back on this thread last week, but alas, I was out of town from Thursday through Sunday and would not have been able to attend regardless – I’m really sorry I missed it. I happen to live in Park Slope as well, so if there are any port/wine events coming up in the future I would love to take part. Hope you all enjoyed it, and I hope to join you next time!
The Port Maverick
SEAN C.
Location: Brooklyn,, New York, United States of America - USA

Post by SEAN C. »

Hey Julian I'm in on anything in the US and I have a 1927 Delaforce I can bring.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Lamont,

You missed a really fun night and I did not know why you didn't join us. I brought a nice bottle of Vintage Port (shipped ahead with two bottles of wine for the dinner). We went to Scalino's on 7th Ave. and 10th St. Not my first time there with this group either. Do check it out as you can bring your own bottles in with no corkage fee and the prices are reasonable. More importantly, the food is very solid and the service, spot on.

Next time!

Roy
Shawn Denkler

Post by Shawn Denkler »

I have a 1945 Delaforce from a great cellar. I have been very curious about it since the 1945 Croft is so great. I do not know when Croft purchased Delaforce to know if some of the Croft influence rubbed off on Delaforce that year.
Shawn Denkler, "Portmaker" Quinta California Cellars