1963 Romariz Colheita Port

This forum is for users to post their Port tasting notes.

Moderators: Glenn E., Andy Velebil

Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

1963 Romariz Colheita Port

Post by Glenn E. »

9/24/08 by the glass from the bar at the Pestana Porto

Light tan but still some red
Slight VA on the nose but not overpowering
Very faint vanilla and almond in the mouth. Yellow cake. Some chocolate covered cherries, some almonds. Very nice mix in the mouth, but feels somehow weak.
Vanilla again in the finish, more almonds, and some orange peel.
Glenn Elliott
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Re: 1963 Romariz Colheita

Post by Roy Hersh »

It is hard to assess TNs when nobody knows how long the bottle has been open. I wonder if it was open too long or just opened. Either way, it is certainly a bottle you are most likely not going to encounter here in the USA, but I have seen stranger things happen.

Seeing your growing love for wood aged Ports, it pains me that you were not here in June 2007, for the greatest lineup of Colheitas ever tasted anywhere. You'd have been smitten and spittin' too! Maybe not. :?
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Glenn E. »

I wasn't paying attention when the bartender poured, so I can't say for certain how full it was. It wasn't newly opened, but it also wasn't nearly empty.

It didn't strike me as having been open too long while we were tasting it, but I realize that's not necessarily accurate since that impression comes from so many different factors. It felt somehow weak, but not in a way that I would normally associate with the bottle having been open too long. But I don't have THAT much experience with Port, let alone with bottles that have been open too long, so it's really hard for me to say one way or the other.

The Noval 40 only just edged it out for WOTN, so it's not like it was bad or anything!
Glenn Elliott
simon Lisle

Post by simon Lisle »

I have a bottle of this given by a friend Which has on it not for resale sample only I'm glad for any tasting notes thanks,Roy has an idea who it's from :wink:
Carlos Rodriguez

Post by Carlos Rodriguez »

Nice Port. The one I've tried. Was bottled in 2008 and opened few days ago. Is got a good fruity sweetness that last for long in the mouth :) . I did like it.