2004 Quinta de Roriz

This forum is for discussing selling, buying and pricing of Port & Madeira.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

2004 Quinta de Roriz

Post by Glenn E. »

Another offering from http://www.winestilsoldout.com... and this one should even stay there until midnight tonight!

2004 Quinta de Roriz for $29.99. The current low on wine-searcher.com is $39.99 so it seems like a pretty good deal.
Glenn Elliott
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: 2004 Quinta de Roriz

Post by Andy Velebil »

A great deal as there is FREE shipping too
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

Excellent point, Andy!

I order from them at least once a month, too, and have never had a problem. In fact I have a 4-pack of the 1999 Quinta de Roriz on the way from the Monday Marathon this week.
Glenn Elliott
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

ha, you beat me to it as I am late checking my Gmail account today! :)
Mark DaSilva
Location: Mission Viejo, California, United States of America - USA

Post by Mark DaSilva »

Hey Todd,

Had this one awhile back. Wait for it. Needs time, much like the Oilers ;)
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Mark DaSilva wrote:Hey Todd,

Had this one awhile back. Wait for it. Needs time, much like the Oilers ;)
So true... So very true. I'd have to look back, but I am pretty sure I have had this one as well, that would have been my assessment as well "Will be ready to drink when the Oilers have a winning season again." :lol:
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

Todd Pettinger wrote:"Will be ready to drink when the Oilers have a winning season again." :lol:
Careful, it could easily be vinegar by then. :Naughty: :twisted: :evil:
Glenn Elliott
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

True enough, although I'm not sure that the 2004 Roriz has the acidity to turn to vinegar THAT quickly :) Hey, I can be optimistic can't I???
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

Has anyone in MA ever ordered from them? They have good deals all the time on all sorts of wine, but wasn't sure with their MA shipping policy...
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Glenn E.

Post by Glenn E. »

They don't really have a shipping policy, and as near as I can tell they'll help you ship the wine anywhere. But that's because they're one of the web sites that uses this little legal loophole:
Title & Ownership
Title to, and ownership of, all wine passes from WinesTilSoldOut.com to the purchaser in the State of New Jersey and the purchaser takes all responsibility for the shipping it from New Jersey to his/her home state. By arranging for transportation of the wine, WinesTilSoldOut.com is providing a service to, and acting on behalf of the purchaser. By utilizing this service from WinesTilSoldOut.com, the purchaser is representing that he/she is acting in a fashion compliant with his/her local and state laws regarding the purchase, transportation and delivery of wine. The purchaser represents that he/she has obtained any required permission, paid any required fees, is working through properly licensed intermediaries where required, is legally entitled to take possession of wine and is legally entitled to take quantities ordered and once again authorizes that he/she is 21 years of age.
So technically, you are shipping the wine to yourself because you own it (in the state of New Jersey) as soon as they process your payment. All they're doing is acting on your behalf to arrange the shipping. So if it is legal for you to ship wine to yourself (or have a friend ship you wine) in Massachusetts, then you should have no problem with WinesTilSoldOut.com. It's your responsibility to ensure that it is legal for you to ship the wine you buy from them to your address.

I would assume that the potential down side to this little legal loophole is that if there is something wrong with the shipment, WinesTilSoldOut is under no obligation to replace your shipment/refund your money. My guess is that they would step in anyway because I've found their customer service to be excellent, but technically they don't have to.
Glenn Elliott
Todd Pettinger

Post by Todd Pettinger »

Can't remember who, but someone on this board had a shipping issue from winestilsoldout.com. They were completely satisfied with whatever the resolution to the deal was. I don't recall who it was, or the circumstances that resulted, but I do remember them being very pleased with the follow-up service.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

And from my experience, there in lies the separation of the wheat from the chaff.

Stuff can and will happen, when you order and ship enough wine with a particular retailer/importer/distributor ... whatever. So, all goes along well for months, maybe even years. Then you run into a nightmare like one of these scenarios:
* the bottles get to you and the corks are all half way pushed out of the bottles and wine has leaked all over the place.
* Instead of your 1977 Fonseca arriving like you expected, with was the 1977 Feist VP.
* the description from the retailer was ullage in the neck and the bottles arrived top shoulder.
* You order a six pack of your favorite 20 year old Tawnies and only four bottles arrive because their inventory system was wrong about how many were left in stock.
* That 1948 Niepoort VP actually arrived as a Garrafeira and you don't like anything but VPs.

On and on, there are so many ways that wine orders/deliveries can get messed up. So, it is not the day to day dealings with a retailer that wins my loyalty ... it is the company which makes a mistake and blamelessly, politely, magnanimously and quickly comes up with a resolution in favor of their loyal client, in fact ... even if it is the first time they've ordered, that wins my long term admiration and business. Those are the few that I will personally recommend and buy from and promote. :clap:
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com