Another darn bottle of corked Cockburn's 1983!

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Another darn bottle of corked Cockburn's 1983!

Post by Roy Hersh »

I hate when this happens and just might keep opening them this weekend until they are either all gone or I come across one great bottle that was not infected. However, this is pathetic!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Re: Another darn bottle of corked Cockburn's 1983!

Post by David Spriggs »

:roll:
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

I'm over it ... thanks to a fine bottle of Warre's 1985.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Jeffrey Karp
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America - USA

Post by Jeffrey Karp »

Roy,

I may have a bottle of perfect Cockburn 1983 and I don't mind bringing it along with our other delicacies to Seattle. It comes from a mixed case I bought some years back in which some bottles were sublime and others were corked. I made notations on the bottles based on the serial number that denote either good or bad. I'll double check but I'm quite sure I have at least one of the good serial numbered bottles left. I feel your pain though as most of the case opened to date was corked.

I just opened a killer bottle of Taylor 1970. Incredible out of the bottle. Not too sure how much time to decant when the first glass is so spot on perfect.

Best regards,

Jeffrey Karp