Taylor Fladgate declares Pink VP

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Tom Archer

Taylor Fladgate declares Pink VP

Post by Tom Archer »

You never know, they might....!

:P :P :P :P :P

Tom
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: Taylor Fladgate declares Pink VP

Post by Andy Velebil »

Rumor has it that the Symington's will be releasing a Green Port later this year to counter :scholar:

April Fools
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

Will the green be denser, so you can pour both into a glass and serve with green eggs and ham? :D
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Eric Menchen wrote:Will the green be denser, so you can pour both into a glass and serve with green eggs and ham? :D
Sam I am says YES!
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Bryan H.

Post by Bryan H. »

Different issue, but what is the difference, if any, between "Taylor" and "Taylor Fladgate"? Are they totally unrelated, related houses, the same?
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

Taylor, Fladgate and Yeatman is a Portuguese company that sells Taylor Port among several other brands. In the US, their product is typically labeled "Taylor Fladgate" to avoid confusion with the US based Taylor Wine Company. But you will find the Portuguese stuff labeled "Taylor" in the US as well, as the bottles may not have originally been intended for the US, but found their way here.

So Taylor Fladgate and Taylor may be the same thing, or may not be. It depends :? But other than this issue of brand name, I don't think I've ever seen anyone here at :ftlop: talk about the NY, US based product.

-Eric
Moses Botbol

Post by Moses Botbol »

Andy Velebil wrote:Rumor has it that the Symington's will be releasing a Green Port later this year to counter :scholar:
Yes, and they are blending it with Chartreuse for complexity and color.
Welsh Corgis | F1 |British Cars
Richard Henderson

Post by Richard Henderson »

Great April Fool's Day :roll: . :roll:
You had me going!
Richard Henderson
oscarquevedo

Post by oscarquevedo »

Several producers will follow Taylor's and "declare" Pink Port in the next months. For Port lovers this could be the continuity of a treason, but we can also see it as a good acceptance of Pink by the market.

Andy, I thought it would take a couple of years until Symington's release their green Ports. Port is a traditional business but these days is moving really fast...
Eric Menchen

Post by Eric Menchen »

oscarquevedo wrote:Andy, I thought it would take a couple of years until Symington's release their green Ports. Port is a traditional business but these days is moving really fast...
It's the environmental thing. Everybody wants to be perceived as being a "green" company. :D
Andy Velebil

Post by Andy Velebil »

Eric Menchen wrote:
oscarquevedo wrote:Andy, I thought it would take a couple of years until Symington's release their green Ports. Port is a traditional business but these days is moving really fast...
It's the environmental thing. Everybody wants to be perceived as being a "green" company. :D
I was told it was because the Irish were uspet they had no green Port, so the Symington's tossed them a bone :joker: :lol: :lol: