Quinta das Lamelas - new Port producer

This forum is for discussing all things Port (as in from PORTugal) - vintages, recommendations, tasting notes, etc.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Gustavo Devesas

Quinta das Lamelas - new Port producer

Post by Gustavo Devesas »

Yesterday, I went to the Douro for another incursion this time to the Lamego area and met a new Port producer based in Rio Bom right after Quinta da Casa Amarela:

Quinta das Lamelas owned by João Guedes- he owns 14 hectares of vineyard in Cambres area and some other 16 nearby Sabrosa where he has mostly white varietals;

He's producing a 10y old white, LBV 2005 Unfiltered, Tawny 10,20,30 and 40y and also a 750 bottles limited edition of 2006 VP that was a great surprise, a 2007 VP is also ready to be released.

Well, it was a nice surprise that shows that the Lower Corgo is really part of the Douro Map for some quality and interesting Ports.

Just to add one more producer to the discussion here;

Best regards!

:)
Together we fall, united we stand.
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Re: Quinta das Lamelas - new Port producer

Post by Roy Hersh »

Thanks Gustavo,

As you know I enjoy visiting and especially tasting the Ports and writing about them from these small growers turned producers. I may have to fit them in on an upcoming Tour. Is this man related to the GUEDES family that's behind Sogrape?
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com