So, who wants to join us for the first trip to explore Port?

This site is for discussion of travel to the "Land of Port & Madeira" as well as food related to Port or Portugal. Additionally your Offline tasting events can be planned and reviewed here.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

Roy Hersh
Site Admin

So, who wants to join us for the first trip to explore Port?

Post by Roy Hersh »

I am setting up a pay pal account for the web site, to enable ppl to sign up for the upcoming trip at the end of October. I will also have the cancellation policy on the travel page, by the end of the week.

If you have any questions about the trip ... this is as good a place as any to ask them. If you'd like to be less visible, you may certainly email me.

I hope that some of you from this FORUM will be joining us!
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
xxxMonique Heinemans

Post by xxxMonique Heinemans »

Hi Roy,

I do have two questions:
First: How many times a year you are planning to do this trip.
Second: Will they all be for a week or are you planning to do shorter trips ( 3-4 days for instance ) too?

Monique.
Dorene Hersh
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Post by Dorene Hersh »

I looked at the travel page on the website and it looks like a great learning experience. I thought it was great that you won't charge a premium for singles to go along. Is this something you are trying to encourage?

Is this the kind of cork dork trip that a wife could enjoy or would I be drinking every available ounce of Port, just to drown out the drone of non-stop Port yakety yak? :D
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Monique,

I am hoping that in 2006, that between Port and Madeira trips, we might make 6 - 10 tours available. How long in advance would you feel you'd need to know specific dates in order to be comfortable signing up?

We have not considered shorter trips at this point, but I'll never say never.
Ambition driven by passion, rather than money, is as strong an elixir as is Port. http://www.fortheloveofport.com
xxxMonique Heinemans

Post by xxxMonique Heinemans »

Roy,
I think that most working people need at least some months to plan a week off. At least I do (husband, children, work, free days left, dog, cat, house, etc, etc.)
David Spriggs
Location: Boulder Creek, California, United States of America - USA

Re: So, who wants to join us for the first trip to explore P

Post by David Spriggs »

As you know Roy, I will be joining you. I'm really looking forward to it!

-Dave-
Roy Hersh
Site Admin

Post by Roy Hersh »

Monique,

I don't disagree with you. Given that we wanted to have one trip prior to the end of 2005 and thought that right after the harvest would be a great time to visit. We did give a full 3 months prior notice but that may not be enough time ahead.

For our future reference, how long in advance do you think that we need to have our trips planned?