new racing season

For things that don't fit into the other categories.

Moderators: Glenn E., Roy Hersh, Andy Velebil

michael miller

new racing season

Post by michael miller »

Andy,

Are you getting ready for the 2010 racing season? I am trying to but the weather here is a little cold. Went down to Florida for a short training camp with a few other guys from the middle tenn. area last week. I would imagine you are ready, and maybe even racing now. My first race is mid march.

Michael
Michael Miller
Andy Velebil
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States of America - USA

Re: new racing season

Post by Andy Velebil »

Yeap been putting in some long miles, well trying at least. As we recently had almost a full week of rain. I though I was in Washington or the UK. Weather has cleared, although there may be some rain later this week. First race should be in a week and a half so hopefully all goes well. My climbing is doing very good but I need some sprint work still. But I'm not a sprinter and it takes me a month or so of racing to get a decent sprint back.
Andy Velebil Good wine is a good familiar creature if it be well used. William Shakespeare http://www.fortheloveofport.com
Glenn E.
Location: Sammamish, Washington, United States of America - USA

Re: new racing season

Post by Glenn E. »

It's not really a "season" for me, but I'm up to around 60 miles per month now. Running, of course, not cycling. :wink: We use monthly races to keep us motivated, but at the pace we "run" it's just a reference point. We're in no danger of actually winning anything... even our age groups have nothing to worry about!
Glenn Elliott